• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC60-7 SUDDEN STOP AFTER SWING

Luchojry

Good day! Im new to the heavy equipment industry, I just bought a PC60-7 and the problem is after i swing the joystick and back to neutral it stops suddenly and hard. Im afraid it will damage the swing motor pinion and ring gear. Is it just the relief valve? How can i adjust it and or what is the problem. Thank you.

skyking1

Post up the serial number and some folks who know a whole lot will come along shortly.
I will venture that the swing brake function that is built in to the swing motor is malfunctioning.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Is the fault when you slew in both directions? Any history prior to the problem?
Kind Regards
Uffex

Luchojry

Hello, Uffex! I will take a video tomorrow so you guys can see the problem. Its late night here in philippines. Thank you! @uffex

Luchojry

Swing motor come loose and bolts are bend because its loose. I repaired elongated bolt hole and put new bolts still there is flank play but my main concern is its stops hard and sudden thats why swing motor will come loose and im afraid it will damage the pinion and ring gear. By the way there is some damage in ring gear but i think not too much.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I would share your concern and suggest that you pull the ring, I know that is a big job but may save you in the long run.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
It may be a good idea to check what pressure if the valves have been adjusted, if the valves have not been disturbed you may have an issue with the parking brake drain.
As I interpret the post to mean this issue arrived when the motor became loose or is this the cause?
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The schematic shows a brake which is manually activated, with voltage the brake does not apply, it is doubtful that this can be the cause of the issue. Checking the relief pressure would be my suggestion to establish if the level is at specification.
Kind regards
Uffex

Luchojry

Good day, Lachau! Can you help me identify where is the safety valve with suction? And how to carefully adjust it? Thank you

Luchojry

Good day
The schematic shows a brake which is manually activated, with voltage the brake does not apply, it is doubtful that this can be the cause of the issue. Checking the relief pressure would be my suggestion to establish if the level is at specification.
Kind regards
Uffex
Is relief pressure and safety valve with suction thesame? As said by lachau? Thanks