• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

pc50uu hydraulic problems

jeff45

Merry Christmas guys, I recently picked up a 96 komatsu pc50uu that has some hydraulic issues. It starts and runs fine but the only hydraulic function that works is one track and the blade. nothing else works at all, when you move the controls it doesn't make any noise like there is any strain on the hydraulic system or anything. the one track that does move has plenty of power and will spin the machine in circles and the blade is strong enough to lift the machine up. the previous owner said that the controls just suddenly stopped working one day. I would like to believe it is a simple safety switch but the track and blade still functions. Any idea what it could be? thanks in advance.

George catman

I haven't checked anything to be honest. What are the servo lines?

Hi Jeff,

We had a problem once before that did take me some time to find at the time but behind the seat was a pattern control changer, small leaver assembly that had been bumped, it was halfway between backhoe and excavator pattern it had some strange faults that where quite hard to trace, worth a laugh when we found it though,

Cheers