• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC150lc-6 weak tracking

RCW

Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I have a 1999 pc150lc-6. The machine has just enough power to move the machine on good ground but has hard time turning. All other functions work good. Except swing and boom together. The engine speed control was changed to a hand throttle( before me ). It does have full rpm's. I am new to excavators as I am a dozer guy. Any ideas? Thanks!

RCW

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't look like it has been worked on. I will have to catch a rainy day and pull it out. Never gave it a thought. Was thinking pump or motors.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Depending how much dirt has managed to get into the swivel assembly you may find that seals alone might not be enough to sort it. Either the centre shaft might need building up with chrome or the outer housing might need metal spraying and machining. Always a possibility with a machine that has a few years on it.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You have other issues if there is a hand throttle in the machine. The computer is likely to have been put in bypass mode which only gives you around 75% of what the machine is capable of. The engine and pump combination are set low now which limits high load operations like travel and compound operation. You need an experienced tech to troubleshoot, repair and adjust performance.