• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC 60-6 Again- Machine Stops Suddenly When Rotating

big builder

I am reposting this because I dont know how to delete my last post. I titled it wrong. Sorry.
Hello Everyone,

Well I was able to get the planetary seal done and the swing motor seal as well. Installed and working. Did a hydraulic fluid change with filters and stainers , greased up the swing gear, swing bearing and the entire machine. Was working on tracing some small hydraulic leaks but I have another propblem. It is stopping suddenign when rotating. I have be digging and swinging very slowly while I make sure my handiwork is ok. Things I know about this issue.

- It started before I replaced the seals on swing planetary and swing motor but not long before.
- It happens in either direction.
- It will not push through it with the joystick. You need to let off on the joystick then it will keep rotating.
- Seems to be happening every 1/4 to 1/8 of a turn now. Before it was every one or two turns.
- Everything else seems to be functioning well.
- I didnt see anything amis while I was greasing the swing gear through the access hole. Although it was very messy in there with a mix of grease, oil and water. I cleaned it out as best I could and put in 4 litres of lithium grease as specified and was going to add the balancde after running for a few hours.

I really need to get this machine back up and running so any help diagnosing this would be greatly appreciated.