• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Payloader

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
are these to big?

Attachments

• 100_5292.jpg
    100_5292.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 2,646

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
or this. ive seen smaller

Attachments

• 100_5396.jpg
    100_5396.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 2,509

brian falcone

payloader 002.jpg

payloader 005.jpg

payloader 013.jpg this was my little hough h25b . 4 cylinder gas engine. bought it off ebay for 850 bucks...it smoked and sputtered and there wasnt a flake of paint left on it. this took about a year of my spare time. my father rebuilt the head and me and the kids painted it up...new custom decals finished it off, great little toy but totally useless in todays construction site. i used it to plow my driveway and do some light grading on my fathers long gravel drive. i sold it on ebay to a brick factory in new jersey where they planned on using it to feed a hopper inside a mill....sadly for watever reason it turned up on ebay again allmost a year later in the same condition it was sold in....i guess they didnt use it much. i wanted to buy it back but my wife wouldnt let me. it was a good machine but a bobcat would outperform it in every way, brian

Paystar

Occupation
Retired trucking owner/operator
Nice pics, keep em coming. Hoeman600, that big Hough (a 400?) what did they have for motors? Where the big ones like that Cummins powered or did they have an international motor?

Brian, that's either a big H25b or a little operator:D He looks like he's ready to go to work:cool:

Nice resto jobs on the old machines guys.

Paystar

Occupation
Retired trucking owner/operator
I really like that style that's in Hoeman600's second pic, the one between the dozers and the rigid frame haul trucks. I ran one like that for a short time way back. I don't remember any of the details on it, other than it was hard getting used to after running all front pivot Cats. And it was really slow revving, but had lots of lifting power.

bsnorge

I just got a Hough Payloader with a 4 cyl gas engine. It is not running. Do you know what the firing order is on it, and what is the proper way to set the timing?

redbarn

Hough 60

I just sold my Hough 60. It was powered by a inline 6 IH 301 diesel, which is the same as a 282 only without sleeves. A V6 Cummins diesel or a 301 IH gas were also available. They all put out 90 some horsepower. Mine also had the attachment for the optional backhoe. I'd put a picture on here but not sure how.

Tony

I just got a Hough Payloader with a 4 cyl gas engine. It is not running. Do you know what the firing order is on it, and what is the proper way to set the timing?

Bsnorge,

What model PayLoader is it, and what engine is it? Maybe we can help...

Regards,
Tony

stuart olson

still earning its keep might be ex millitary the inside of the cab is green

Attachments

• 100_6592.jpg
    100_6592.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 2,100

Bigstevex4

Ive worked on a 400 hough 12 yrd loader a customer had 20 yrs ago had a 475B mishigan several IH 560s old TD 25 must have repaired the track links 40 times on it. stuff was beat bad finaly sold out new company scraped all of it bought new machines.

Frank Martin

Lifting Capacity of H25

I'm going out this evening to look at a little Hough H25. I'm primarily interested in using it as a forklift. How much can I expect this machine to lift safely in that configuration. Some of the pallets that I handle weigh as much as 3,000 pounds.

Additionally, the machine is equipped only with a bucket at this point. How hard is it to find a set of forks that might work on this machine. I need dedicated forks, not the ones that clamp over the bucket.

My other thought is to take the forks and associated brackets off our existing forklift and modify them to attach to the payloader. Has anybody tried this and does it sound safe and worth doing?

Thanks,

Frank