1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

payloader ha brakes

Discussion in 'Compact Wheel Loaders' started by Johnny63, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Johnny63

Johnny63 Member

Hello I have a payloader ha, just redone brakes shoes new cylinders. The left side drum went on really hard and now it barely turns/ hangs up. There does not appear to be any adjustment to the brakes, the drums were turned, it’s difficult to figure out why it’s catching. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

John

2. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Any chance of some pictures showing the brakes, not sure of the type of brakes they had but don't think I ever say a brake system that did not have some kind of adjustment for wear. May not be obvious but should be some type of adjustment!

3. Johnny63

Johnny63 Member

Here’s a pic, I don’t see any adjustments thanks for replying

Attached Files:

4. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Any chance of a picture that shows the back side of the backing plate? Or from the front with shoes removed?

Some brakes of that vintage have cams in the backing plate that you use to adjust them.

One example is the following:
    P1010002.JPG

I cut out the references to a different brake to avoid confusion, that is what the red boxes are for.

Tinkerer and Ronsii like this.
  5. Johnny63

Johnny63 Member

KSHansen, I cannot thank you enough! That's exactly what I needed. I'll give it a try this afternoon afterwork.

thanks again!

6. Dave Neubert

Dave Neubert Well-Known Member

Those have the cams just turn them with s wrench they are on the back side of the backing plate