• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pattern change help!

gunznut273

I recently purchased a mini excavator 30NX and am just learning about it. I have a couple questions that I can't find anywhere else.

#1 - My serial number is WE001105. Can you advise me of the production year (or how to read it)?

#2 - Is there a pattern change switch on that year / model that I can access to change? Its location? Or is it a hose change for pattern change?

My left "stick" is in the swing pattern when pushed forward, which really makes it difficult for me to operate. I am looking for the ISO pattern where its left side / right side swing and boom out and in on the forward and back.

If there is ANYONE on this site that can help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

Kevin

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Kevin
Not sure which make we are talking?
Kind regards
Uffex

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
Google tells me that IHI called one of their mini's "30NX". Google also tells me that the pattern changer is somewhere in the left side of the machine, behind either a outside door or under a cover plate on the floor or in the column under the lockout lever.

Google might even be right . . .

gunznut273

Sorry fellas... Yes, it's an IHI 30NX. And after checking around a bit, I believe it is a 1999 or 2000. I will do a little deeper dive on the machine itself and take a couple photos. Google does not like that machine and directs me to a parts manual. There are not even any videos showing how to change pattern on that particular machine.

Thanks for the insights that you have so far.

gunznut273

I saw that one Acoals... but it is on a 35NX. When I checked under the flip panel, there is only a control valve with no changing switch in view. I think I am going to just take off the furniture on the left side of the machine to get a better look around in there.

I am actually pretty good at research and/or finding videos, but I was hoping someone had this exact machine and could just say its "right here" and then "do this". I am an old farm kid that my wheelhouse is more combines and catapillars.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
It might not be there, some of the older stuff didn't have it.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Follow the lines from the remote control valve.
Kind regards
Uffex