• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Parts for Square Shooter SS836?

Max1985

Anybody know where you can buy parts such as an air filter for Square Shooter SS-836? I can’t find any reasonably priced parts if at all any that will fit.

skata

Look on the filter and Google any numbers you can find. Most filters are standard off the shelf parts.

Max1985

There’s a housing but I guess the previous owner pulled the filter out and never put a new one. It’s not a standard straight cylindrical filter either. It’s tapered on the inside but normal on the outside. I doubt Napa would have it but I can try.

crane operator

Find a different square shooter that is for sale anywhere online that has the same looking housing that yours does. Call them and have them go out to the machine and read you the filter number off it.

No filter means any dirt and dust on any jobsite has been pulled straight into your engine. A new filter is going to be the least of your problems (sorry).

skata

There’s a housing but I guess the previous owner pulled the filter out and never put a new one. It’s not a standard straight cylindrical filter either. It’s tapered on the inside but normal on the outside. I doubt Napa would have it but I can try.
Is there any brand or numbers on the housing?

tractormech

I think you have a John Deere engine. Is it turbocharged or not? that makes a difference on filters. What is the machine serial number? A picture of the housing might help as well.