• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Parking Brake stuck ON

DaBulgar

Hello,

Brand new here.

I have a 2010 Case 580 SM Series 3.

Today when I came to use the machine, the parking brake would not disengage. Red light stays on and rocker switch does nothing.

I was told to start at the fuse but cant find a fuse for this. I also know there is a solenoid somewhere which could need replacing but would like to try the fuse first if there is one.

This is my first backhoe and have only had it since november and have only used it to push snow so far.

Any help is appreciated!

JeremiahSr

Occupation
Vice Pres./General man./Technician
580m.jpg

There is a panel on left side of center console with Fuses.
Then on top of the center console is a tray/panel that pops off. Under there is relays. Think both panels usually have what fuse/relay is what.

JeremiahSr

Occupation
Vice Pres./General man./Technician
Hey Tinkerer! Been good here. Moved our shop couple yrs ago and its been an ongoing process! Hope everything good on your end!