• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pair of new Liebherr R9350s for Scottish Coal

Big Tackle Boy

Been away for a while but thought I'd share these pix with you guys on here. :)

Here is the first pair of 4 Liebherr R9350 excavators bought by Scottish Coal last year here in the UK. The machines replaced O&K RH120s and were commissioned just before Christmas. This is the fisrt pair of 4 machines with the other 2 due for delivery in the next few weeks, I will try and get some pix of the build up and commissioning.

Hope you like ;)

BTB

Attachments

• CIMG0659.jpg
    CIMG0659.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 3,060
  • DecScottishCoal007.jpg
    DecScottishCoal007.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,850
  • DecScottishCoal013.jpg
    DecScottishCoal013.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 2,324
  • DecScottishCoal023.jpg
    DecScottishCoal023.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,771
  • DSCN0939(Large).jpg
    DSCN0939(Large).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,625

Big Tackle Boy

2 more pix :)

Attachments

• DSCN0940(Large).jpg
    DSCN0940(Large).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,582
  • DSCN0948(Large).jpg
    DSCN0948(Large).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,568

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
You got a 14 or 16M in your sandbox too?
Spoted the roof of it...
Some pics pleeeasee?

Gavin84w

Good luck with the Libra,s.

The 994B i have been around have been terrible

Why you would go away from O & K would be interesting to know.

Haul-Pak

Good luck with the Libra,s.

The 994B i have been around have been terrible

Why you would go away from O & K would be interesting to know.

Yeah ide be interested too!

O&K's are not perfect but they are Proven and most of the S-Coal guy's will know them inside and out.

Seem's funny they are running TR100's and Lib's?

I worked for Terex-O&K for a while, Some strange going's on with O&K now, CAT power options?

Maybe a Scottish Miner might pipe in and add to this?

Last edited:

NL1CAT

Occupation
Operator
Yep cat engines in O&K's .
Cat says if you want a big digger (bigger than 385) buy a Terex(O&K).
So a partnership?

Haul-Pak

Yep cat engines in O&K's .
Cat says if you want a big digger (bigger than 385) buy a Terex(O&K).
So a partnership?

I dont know about a partnership. P&H Guy's do repair work to the O&K's here.

Seem strange, BANK's Mining UK have two new RH120E's with C18.

The O&K PMS and BCS work hand in hand with Cummin's Celect software?

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
PON(Cat dealer) Norway sells O&K here.
I mean that i have read on one of thems site, that there is a official coorporation between them on the real big machinery.
You know, if u can't beet them, join them.(Cat 5xxxx series.....)

Here is a press release:
http://www.terex.com/main.php?obj=news&action=VIEW&id=d5172da03aa50840401aa0d395d397de

Says Cat will sell their equipment too, but Terex will not close down any dealers as a result.(only O&K hyd. excavators)

Last edited:

alco

MKTEF,

That press release is actually quite old. That was put out as Cat and O&K were getting ready to proceed with the ill fated deal that involved the O&K shovels and excavators, the Cat 5000 series, and the Unit Rig truck line. There is a new deal in place that is very similar to the one mentioned in the press release, but it also has it's differences. It basically gives Cat dealers the right to sell and support the O&K line if they wish, but it is not mandatory and is based solely on the wishes of the Cat dealers.

Brian

Gavin84w

Brian is pretty much on the money there, Cat have pursued vigorously to provide there dealers with a line of mining shovels to complement the big trucks. The original deal would have seen Cat giving Terex Mining all the proprietary info on the 5000 series (to satisfy US laws and not having a monopoly) in exchange for the O & K and Unit Rig ED trucks. When Terex figured they must have a pretty decent product in those 2 lines if Cat are knocking on there door about it the decimal point on the price moved to the right a little and the deal fell over. Cat stood by there word to there dealers by way of brockering a deal for Cat dealers to be O & K dealers in territories where no O & K dealer existed, Down here in Australia Terex have country wide coverage and no Cat dealer here is an agent. Part of that deal is also seeing Cat product on the shovel line as O & K can clearly see the advantages of the vast Cat dealer network providing a bigger footprint for them to market machines into so have greenlighted Cat product into there line with primarily engines but there is a host of other items for consideration, Hyd hoses, GET and U/C to name a few. If all these things eventually make there way on board the next thing i think you will see after that will be a colour change.

Now back to the Liebherr topic i think it is a big vote against that machine that it,s penetration into north America seems quite limited as compared to the Japanese and German machines, especially in the tar sands as the 996 is quite the performer down here and every body else has got a foot in the door. The reasons i guess may be many and varied and we see the same thing down here with O & K in the hunter valley coal fields where you can count on one hand the O & K,s. Hitachi seem to dominate with Liebherr and then Komatsu.

gburny

hi work at this site broken x seemingly o@k were unable to supply machines due to high demand the same with cat for the trucks thats why we have tr100s awaiting cat 785