• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
I received from Mike Bessley in New Zealand. These are from a off highway haul.

Liking all the safety gear for the driver.

64Pacific

Had a great day on Sunday, just to get everybody excited while I upload photos of the truck - Allied 119 with the crane:

2I3A5706_DxO.jpg

More of this truck and two others will appear on the Pacific website shortly...

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Oz Nelson , WFI , Gordon River Camp . Where Lake Cowichan's Oz Nelson started his driving career , his first Truck . Anybody know what year this Pacific is ? IMG_0004.jpgIMG_0005.jpgIMG_0006.jpgIMG_0007.jpg

Hank R

Occupation
My guess would be 1957 or 58 to the early 60's The second design the fenders were rounded and the headlights were mounted on the side of the radiator. These trucks came with a guard over the top of the lights and a grill guard in front of an exposed radiator with shutters. The name Pacific was painted on the hood and Pacific was cast into the upper radiator tank. On most trucks the exhaust was also moved from coming out of the hood to the rear of the cab. The 1960's saw more changes again. They now had script lettering in chrome on the hood and radiators.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Thanks for the Build Sheet , the pictures are probably from late 1960's or early 1970's . 10 to 15 years hauling logs , then retired to hauling gravel would be about right . PM your E-mail address and I'll send you the pictures . I personally don't have a problem with others using pictures I've posted .

Hank R

Occupation
I almost fell off my chair at the A & W this morning when Ed Forde came in and said this is for you. He used to own this truck in the mid 80's and sold it in 91 or 92. I was out driving around in Penticton a few years ago and found it sitting in yard above Penticton.

dirty4fun

That is neat seeing the original build sheet for the truck, amazing find. For sure, one just never knows what people have kept over the years.

Hank R

Occupation
I have the build books for two different Pacific trucks here. If some one buys these trucks they will get them I am the care taker for these.

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Got some pics today from Larry @ Pacific Truck...They have finished the rebuild/refit on the ex MacBlo P-12..I will be going to see it in the next week or so..

pacific 1.jpgpacific 2.jpgpacific 3.jpgpacific 4.jpgpacific 5.jpg

The guy wondering around the truck is Rollie..Pretty much a lifer at Pacific.I worked with him for 10 years.He was our road tester.He has pretty much road tested every Pacific built since the mid 70's.Also one of the crew on the very last truck that was built for Soda Springs...Now he rebuilds them.

diamondtguy

Occupation
A few more.....pacific 6.jpg

ATTACH]162450[/ATTACH]

Here are some specs...

Rebuilt by two of the guys who originally built the truck back in 1979.
I am pretty sure I spent a lot of time on this truck when it was new....

1979 - P12

Cummins KTA19C600

Allison CLBT6061-6

Clark BD91000 (15.033 ratio)

1400x25 tires

100% New air system through out

100% New electrical system through out

100% New gauges and switches

100% New lights through out

100% New exhaust system

100% New hosing, fittings, pulleys & belts

100% New cab interior

100% New windshield wiper/washer system

New headache rack with walk deck

New heat exchanger

New rear rim assemblies and wheel spacers

New windshields and updated door assemblies

New torque rods, bushings, pins, trunnion seats, end caps etc.

Everything else is rebuilt/refurbished

Stripped to bare metal, New primer, New paint, New cab undercoating, New grip tread surfacing

New drivelines and u-joints

New fuel tank..

This truck is for sale...Contact Larry@ Pacific Truck.....(my cheap plug for Pacific)

Attachments

• pacific 7.jpg
    pacific 7.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

HDX

diamondtguy That is one nice looking truck. Glad to see they went with Bridgestone tires. Only tire better than those is Michelin's and they are so expensive and hard to get now. She is set up as a tractor now ,so they are looking outside the logging industry! By any chance Did John over at Quality Trimmers make the headliner kit for it Looks like one of his (The Best)

diamondtguy

Occupation
diamondtguy That is one nice looking truck. Glad to see they went with Bridgestone tires. Only tire better than those is Michelin's and they are so expensive and hard to get now. She is set up as a tractor now ,so they are looking outside the logging industry! By any chance Did John over at Quality Trimmers make the headliner kit for it Looks like one of his (The Best)

HDX....not sure of their target market but I suspect its heavy hauling.It is a very nice looking truck.I will ask Larry about the interior..

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
diamondtguy,I was looking for the pictures of this beauty when still red and white. Have not found them yet. My question is,were the air cleaners mounted this way from factory new?