• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
H-157 Second last P-16 built

The second last P-16 truck built was sold to MacMillian Bloedel, this truck was also built in Oct 1989 Driver Pete Burley got her brand new at Sarita. Pete stayed on her till he went onto a KW highway truck in 2001. She was, one of a five truck order. Two Preloads H139 H140 later changed to (H14) and three conventionals H138 H153 H155 All were spec’d out the same 91,000 Clark rears 13:1 ratio 60-61 Allison trans KTA 600 Cummins engines. Truck was bought by Hayes Forest in 2003 along with a number of other M&B trucks at the big WEYCO Garage sale. It remained red and white but had the HFS decals on the doors for about 2-3 years. If I remember right it was about 2005 that she went to their shop in Duncan and was rebuilt to their spec’s. That is when the Cummins was removed and the C15 Cat engine installed.. This is when the paint scheme went from red and white to the white and yellow that it has today. She had a number of different drivers on her over the years. IPL bought her in Jan/2008 along with a number of other trucks from Hayes Forest after they lost the contract with Western Forest products at Franklin. Because of the good shape it was in it was decided by IPL to just leave it alone and run it and just do the maintainence required as things were needed. Driver Donny Bodnar went on her when IPL bought it it and he stayed on her till he retired then Jim Johnson went on her till she was taken to Chemianus late in 2015 to have the trans replaced. She was to get a new paint job and a mini rebuild at the same time. I don’t know if the trans was changed before she was sold or not. As for paint jobs IPL never changed the color of any trucks and that is why we had orange ones and yellow ones. When IPL bought H153 (ex M&B H155) it was still red and white. IPL had her rebuilt and repainted in the same colors as the rest of the HFS Fleet.

Thanks to Larry at Coast Power Train and to HDX for their help

15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 14.jpg

renaud

thanks guys The fella who posted the vid is a good friend of mine and the P-16 is mine ...heres a few more photos of it
004-24.jpg

001-29.jpg

006-16.jpg

023-2.jpg

013-5.jpg

023-1.jpg

thanks heres another sandbox that we play in as well
Outstanding!!!!!What scale? Did you built it yourself?
Best regards.
Max.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
I remember when the two Pacific's arrived at Port Renfrew for A & L Trucking to haul for Fiddick Logging in early 1970's . One was #5 the other #6 .