• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

P51 Sherman Mk3

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
I was bored yesterday afternoon, and had an idea. So I went to the hobby store and bought a p51 & sherman tank. Then I followed the instructions for a combined assembly... With a hacksaw, a jackknife. In a couple of days I'll have the tracks and shields on, they take too long to do.

Turned out half decent. Next one will be painted and in a larger scale. 1/72 is just too small.

Enjoy!!

Attachments

• DSC00518.jpg
    DSC00518.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
wow! testors glue will get you pretty loopy, huh!

bill onthehill

you should take that out BAE systems in west york,pa. where I used to work. It would be every bit as feasable as a 1950's design M9ACE. It would require a horizontal prop orientation to let the gun pivot. Bill

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
the gun can pivot just fine. I nned to get the german interupter gear technology so I can shoot inbetween my prop blades though.

I'm currently working on a brit spit mk II, then I'm going to do a tank, both all nice and correct then I'm going to do a combined version, all dolled out.

The one you see pics of is my prototype.

too bad I can't find plastic models of construction equipment... I could really have fun then...

aongheas.macask

Occupation
ex service manager
the gun can pivot just fine. I nned to get the german interupter gear technology so I can shoot inbetween my prop blades though.

I'm currently working on a brit spit mk II, then I'm going to do a tank, both all nice and correct then I'm going to do a combined version, all dolled out.

The one you see pics of is my prototype.

too bad I can't find plastic models of construction equipment... I could really have fun then...
Seen a programme on discovery channel called "flying heavy metal" reckon you should contact them