• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

P&H 4100 shovel hoist Ropes

realm21

I am doing research on these shovels and I have not been able to find anyone that can give me information on the type of ropes these machines use, If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

blitz138

Tuf-max, Minex, are a couple manufacturers off the top of my head I think there are about 6. Some are plastic covered/injected, there are different lays, diameters, weight limits.

What info are you looking for?

realm21

Hoist ropes

Tuf-max, Minex, are a couple manufacturers off the top of my head I think there are about 6. Some are plastic covered/injected, there are different lays, diameters, weight limits.

What info are you looking for?

Thanks so much for your reply, I know there are a few different P&H 4100 models and what I need to know is what length of ropes they all use but most important the size of the ferrule becket that is put on both ends. I am trying to set up a meeting with someone in shovel maintenance here in Canada at one of the mines but I haven't had luck yet. Is the ferrule becket the same size for all the P&H shovels?

alco

There are quite a few variations of 4100s, so it would help to know exactly which variant you are interested in. I'm not sure if the becket ends are all the same, due to the fact that I am not sure if there are different diameter ropes used on any of the variants. Length wise, there are many different options depending on how the shovel is set up, and which variant it is.

I did a set of hoist ropes on a 4100TS today in fact, and I can say that the beckets on 4100TS, BOSS, and C BOSS are all the same size, but can be different lengths. The length will vary depending on whether the shovel has an equalizer, or straight bail bar connection for the ropes.

I can't think of the exact dimensions right now, but I will look tomorrow night when I start night shift. Is there anything in particular you want to know?

alco

Things are really good here Brett, how bout for you?

Realm, The TS, BOSS, and C BOSS all use the same size. I will get the measurements for you tomorrow night.

groundbreakerbc

There are quite a few variations of 4100s, so it would help to know exactly which variant you are interested in. I'm not sure if the becket ends are all the same, due to the fact that I am not sure if there are different diameter ropes used on any of the variants. Length wise, there are many different options depending on how the shovel is set up, and which variant it is.

I did a set of hoist ropes on a 4100TS today in fact, and I can say that the beckets on 4100TS, BOSS, and C BOSS are all the same size, but can be different lengths. The length will vary depending on whether the shovel has an equalizer, or straight bail bar connection for the ropes.

I can't think of the exact dimensions right now, but I will look tomorrow night when I start night shift. Is there anything in particular you want to know?

hi there, may I get some information on the becket length required on the various shovels Alco?

groundbreakerbc

Anybody got information on the ferrule end fittings for the hoist shovel lines used on cats and p & h?? Need measurements for different diameters of hoist rope!

alco

Like 1466IH says, send me a Private Message. I'll see what I can do to help you.

alco

I guess asking for a PM was too much for him to agree to......oh well.

realm21

Hi there Alco, would you have a rough idea of what net operating hours these hoist ropes get on the P&H 4100?

alco

Like I asked you before, send me a PM and I can help you. You won't send me a PM, I can't help.

alco

I apologize. I did not pay enough attention, and though the messages were all from the same person.

I was wrong, and I did not mean to come across as being too harsh or rude.