• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Owner finance gone bad! read before you offer it.

What would you do?

• Give him 3 more months and then prosicute

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give him all the time he needs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

andoman

This one should be easy since you got him to write a check, once the check doesn't clear it's fraud and given the value of the machine it's on the federal level. Everyone has it happen from time to time but since he wrote a check it tips the scales of power in your direction. I've never lost a court case were the people wrote a bad check.

Auctioneerhere

You were lucky to get it back.

Now lets hope the "buyer" didn't use it as collateral for another loan...

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
I really hope nice guys finish first in this tale. Hopefully he comes clean with a stack of cash.

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
I have learned nothing and I mean nothing leaves my hands untill paid in full. I will be glad to take payments any payments but it still does not leavee my hands till paid in full. I have missed out on a few sales because of this but I have never lost a cent that was owed to me.

bill onthehill

Cash eliminates a lot of headaches for everyone. If they can't go to their bank and get cash then they did not have it to begin with. The only drawback is the time spent counting it.

Randy88

First off been there done that, from here on out its done this way, cashiers check, paid in full or it never leaves, paperwork stating time of sale and who took possession of machine, thats date, hour, minute and both parties agree and sign, cashiers check goes to bank to make sure its good, then machine leaves for good, no expections. If they need time to pay, then they make those arrangements with their lender that paid you in full.