• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload valve for a Takeuchi Tb o16

ronbourd

Can some one familiar with Takeuchi products help me find the part number for an "overload valve" that could be installed direct to the control body valve of a TB o16 serial 11605458 2003. This safety overload valve would serve as a relief installed on the thum cylinder when the cylinder that close the bucket exert to much pressure on the thum cylinder. The thum operates on the auxillary function witch is controlled with the left foot, it is not pilot operated. Thank you for your help! Ronbourd. Quebec Canada.

ronbourd

Heymccall, I shall take the floor cover off and lock to see if it is like your photo! If it's the same, so the pressure on the auxillary circuit...(p1,p2) can be adjusted to be less than the pressure that the "bucket cylinder" is receiving from the main circuit. Item "15" is the adjusting screw (Allen head). By adjusting the release pressure lower on the auxillary circuit, then the thum cylinder would retrack because the bucket cylinder is applying more force because of the ratio of lever than the ratio of lever of the thum? I shall check and reply...Thank you ! Ronbourd

heymccall

I don't have service manual for that series. Therefore, follow the thumb lines back to that valve assembly and verify which ports they connect to. I surmised that they connect to P1 &P2, but cannot verify.

Before adjusting any relief cartridge, mark the stem and jamb nut, and maybe even go so far as to measure and record the amount of stem sticking out (especially important if using the auxiliaries for something other than a thumb, allowing for later readjustment). Or, in case you adjust the wrong one.

By loosening the jamb nut, the stem can be wound outward (CCW) to lower the relief setting.

As always, it would be best to use a pressure gauge and record the before pressure setting, and verify the new setting.