• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Asphalt haulers here have gone almost exclusively to Three Drops, Quint Axle sets, spoke to a driver that felt all those did was add maintenance and failures, two seemed excessive but worked fine. Another Craze is a Drop axle as on extreme length Concrete Mixers on a Pnuematic Swing arm.

Truck Shop

Here is a overload for some peoples minds. Personally I like it for the fact it bugs people
who can't stand others crazy ideas. Anyone who thinks outside the box is just not normal
for some. Most people like to keep the peas on their plate from mixing with the potato's,
everything must be separate no mixing of stray peas. Yeah it's ugly as hell but to him it's
what he likes and makes him money. One thing's for sure he doesn't spend allot of time
polishing or wasting money those supplies. Makes the world go around, if everyone did
the same thing it would be a real dull place.
438089436_425065100265131_5547746411542911217_n.jpg438102228_970615004620614_8196596421473158060_n.jpg440993053_1806325436515318_6148611868416157970_n.jpg

cfherrman

I don't think Ira isn't short and not a little **** by no means and he's definitely put a lot of work and effort into that old freightliner with a 3406 cat. Most of those zig zag cut plates are deflect air away from the mirrors or cab because of the fenderless front tires.

Wicked intent semi.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Was on way back to yard yesterday, one of these wannabe RSH super haulers was in the way as stopped to get some stuff for dinner for the wife. The couple were arguing of not being able to access the city park camp areas not because of flooding but for too much Sh!t, were going to be charged for Two sites had they had Two open and didn’t. Were trying to gain approval of the Loutre Store to use the open parking lot for a night and were getting nowhere. Was a F550, 44’ fifth wheel and a 24’ pontoon boat on a two axle trailer, where river access also is currently Closed. Had weight tag on truck as I looked so had DOT been down there as usual his Overlength Multiple trailers rig likely would have cost him a hefty fine if no Class A with Multiple endorsement.

Truck Shop

Was on way back to yard yesterday, one of these wannabe RSH super haulers was in the way as stopped to get some stuff for dinner for the wife. The couple were arguing of not being able to access the city park camp areas not because of flooding but for too much Sh!t, were going to be charged for Two sites had they had Two open and didn’t. Were trying to gain approval of the Loutre Store to use the open parking lot for a night and were getting nowhere. Was a F550, 44’ fifth wheel and a 24’ pontoon boat on a two axle trailer, where river access also is currently Closed. Had weight tag on truck as I looked so had DOT been down there as usual his Overlength Multiple trailers rig likely would have cost him a hefty fine if no Class A with Multiple endorsement.
F550 + 44'RSH + 24' Canoe. Credit cards maxed couldn't afford to park it.

skyking1

Exactly, the store insurance will not cover is the reason.
A large trucking company hauls doubles and triples to their own yards, and that works. Those guys know where they can go and don't go off script.
Heading out on the open road with a personal double is just boneheaded. it's like everybody has to give you a yard for free. He's one wrong turn away from plugging a road.
If you can't just back it up or turn around on your own, keep it off the road.
At least the RV's flat towing can unhook the Toad and re-connect after getting turned around.
We were on the way out of town and dropped my brother at King Street Station in Seattle. It's a dead end road I'm familiar with, and I flipped around right here without backing up my RSH and got the heck out of dodge after kicking him out.
Screenshot 2024-05-03 8.29.30 PM.png