• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

Old Doug

I bet if some of you guys spent one day here in amish country you would see more bad stuff than you could see in a life time most places. Ranger pulling a fullsize horse trailer with a load in the bed.

Attachments

• IMG_20240430_070841.jpg
    IMG_20240430_070841.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 34

Monkeywithawrench

Just for some context.............this is the latest of what I speak of regarding CDL's and Mass.

The DMV scandal of not suspending licenses after violations, drugs, or operating impaired is from a few years ago. I can look that up if anyone is interested.

Truck Shop

You know you guy's are all correct----take down all the speed limit signs, stop signs &
stop lights.
Much of the insane massive loads decades ago were limited, fabrication shops for large scale construction built the oversize machines from sectional pieces on sites where today localized factories produce them and have to be hauled on the roads. Comes down to costs savings and speed.
Yes I see that DM----again it's all about speed and boils down to money, the almighty dollar.
And there was no rise in accidents or fatalities.
They were still breaking the law, it's zero respect for it.
Now a question--why do any of you post photos of crazy/stupid a$$ people doing crazy a$$ things
then questioning why/or should there be any traffic laws and federal codes or enforcement?

cfherrman

There are allot of people that think that this day and age, problem is it's what I was saying
above--people can't police themselves. This whole thread wouldn't be just 217 pages if there
was no police presents, it would be 2,017 pages. Road rage would be out of control in less
than two days. During Covid people were driving 30, 40 plus mph over the limit.

If you slowly moved lowering patrol and move up massive fines and prison sentences to get a cultural shift from what you can get away with from the coppers to what you can actually get away with. Those entry years till people got it would not be fun.

You cannot just stop patrol, it would be like Oregon legalizing drugs

Monkeywithawrench

If you slowly moved lowering patrol and move up massive fines and prison sentences to get a cultural shift from what you can get away with from the coppers to what you can actually get away with. Those entry years till people got it would not be fun.

You cannot just stop patrol, it would be like Oregon legalizing drugs

Well...........let's look at what the UK is doing. They have traffic CAMS EVERYWHERE. Not just for speed violators........EVERYTHING. Seat belt violations, pic of you not wearing seat belt.........DING!! VIOLATION. Holding your cellphone.........DING!! VIOLATION. Etc, etc
Sadly, I see that happening here in the US. Legislators see that as a way to make money of We, The People.

London has a tax for coming into and out of the city for EVERYONE, not just commercial vehicles and taxis. NYC wants to do the same...........money maker!!

A MassHole legislator thinks it WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA to put toll booths up on 93 and 95 at the NH/MA border..........that caused a huge up roar and now they are back pedaling. I have a rule.........I don't go to MASS for work. Mass State Police w/ DOT now have tail pipe sniffers. You get stopped, first thing they do is stuff that sniffer into your pipe. Your NOX levels are too high?? Oh, you must have deleted your system. Truck is red flagged, out of service, needs to towed, then proof of repairs and meeting emissions levels, huge fine.............federally funded crap.

Full disclosure..........I grew up in Mass., worked most of my life in Mass, had to get out.........HAD TO!!!LOL

ianjoub

They were still breaking the law, it's zero respect for it.
You've got me there. I have zero respect for the law. Laws are written so virtually everyone is committing multiple crimes every day, mostly unaware of it. The system is set up for 'show me the man and I will find you the crime'.

I have zero respect for that.

Some of us need and want to be told what to do, others do not. I know which one of those people I am. Which are you?

Monkeywithawrench

Do we need capital letters?-----And this is turning sour with political phrases.----------------------------.
Just for emphasis.........RANT over.

Just making a point that a majority of legislation and enforcement is driven towards revenue.........and, I suppose; a detriment towards law breakers.

However, my point stands..........pay off the right people, you can skirt the laws with impunity. (paying for details, buy a snowblower for a trooper, etc).

terex herder

There are always unintended consequences.

Many political jurisdictions saw the 55 mph speed limit as a way to enhance revenue. Then law enforcement allowed their political masters to make revenue collection their main task. Now the next generation of law enforcement wonders why they are despised, but refuse to look in the mirror.

skyking1

Here's a different kind of overload.
This load went over and this poor little transfer trailer box took a lot of abuse. It looks like it might have done some sliding in the process.
It has that typical " bed edge meet tires" damage down the flop side and those scuff marks.
Tweek.
1000002612.jpg

1000002613.jpg

skyking1

Oops I mis identified a regular old pup box. The enclosed tower threw me off.
PXL_20240501_183450794.jpg
Reminds me of the 3 axle pup that a guy drug under my loader at the topsoil farm in Adna.
It was worse than that. It had been drug into a ditch working on St Helens and the middle axle came up and arseholed the box proper as it departed, it had rounded off corners like it did a complete barrel roll.
Hey we needed 7~8 axle dump and pups and they got it rolling. Not pretty, but it had all 6 super singles down and rolling.