• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
That looks like a 10 ton trailer with those low profile tires on 10,000 lb axles. They use a single tire in place of duals.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231210-081845.png
    Screenshot_20231210-081845.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 47

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
There are any number of people who just have to see just how far they can test the engineers calculations.

Remember when we had these plates on the dash or the firewall? They had the same type of people back then, too!

I can recall demolishing an old prospectors hut in the W.A. Goldfields. Under the floorboards was a copy of the "Kalgoorlie Miner" newspaper, dated 1936.

In the motoring ads there was one amusing ad. "For Sale. 1935 model, one-ton Chev truck. Will carry two tons".
In 1976 I bought a ford 1/2 ton van with a payload allowance of 2000 LBS.
My one ton Power Wagon weighs 5800 LBS with a GVWR of 9500.
Newest Ford 1 ton F350 GVWR is 11000 Plus.

doug dirt

That may be a legal load?
I have a 450h.
Tandem axle trailer with a rated load capacity of 14,600 lbs.
Pull with a Ram 5500.
I wouldn't personally haul my 450h on my trailer unless I was going about 200' on flat ground like hopefully this guy is doing.

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Note the extended mirrors lol!

See a lot of unnecessarily extended mirrors around here; usually on an empty pickup or with a “sled“ in the back.
Here, extended mirrors without a load apparently indicate that you are from a certain "social" gender group that are trolling for a new partner.
Could be an urban legend or real, I don't know nor do I really want to find out.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Note the extended mirrors lol!

See a lot of unnecessarily extended mirrors around here; usually on an empty pickup or with a “sled“ in the back.
Remember freshman year of high school? Dwarf walked around arms far to his sides. He wanted to look big & scary. Dodge is marketing to that dwarf.

Truck Shop

And I always like those truck with tires so wide they hang four or five inched past the fenders.
It's not legal here but they don't enforce it anymore. When I built my CJ3B during 85 to 87
I built the frame and bought a new body. I cut down/narrowed a Chrysler 8 3/4 rear end &
used 5 on 5.5 early 60's Imperial axles with a custom 5.38 ring & pinion, I out boarded the
rear springs which with the 10.50 x 15's set the tires outside by 4", so to keep johnny law
away I had some stainless flairs made & installed. That was a fun Jeep to drive with the
300 plus horse 289 and top loader 4 speed it was real quick stop light to stop light. It also
had a Warn overdrive with a Timkem bearing'd military case. Narrowed 44 in front with
rack & pinion. I hated the flairs but had to keep within the law.
IMG_0003.jpg

colson04

It's not legal here but they don't enforce it anymore. When I built my CJ3B during 85 to 87
I built the frame and bought a new body. I cut down/narrowed a Chrysler 8 3/4 rear end &
used 5 on 5.5 early 60's Imperial axles with a custom 5.38 ring & pinion, I out boarded the
rear springs which with the 10.50 x 15's set the tires outside by 4", so to keep johnny law
away I had some stainless flairs made & installed. That was a fun Jeep to drive with the
300 plus horse 289 and top loader 4 speed it was real quick stop light to stop light. It also
had a Warn overdrive with a Timkem bearing'd military case. Narrowed 44 in front with
rack & pinion. I hated the flairs but had to keep within the law.
View attachment 300561
"Oh Rapid Roy, that stock car boy,
He too much too believe..."

Thanks for sharing another nice build you did TruckShop

Old Doug

I dont think i have owned anything that the tires stuck out past the fenders . A buddy of mine had a 1990 chevy pickup we worked at a shop tire store. He bought a set of rims that made the tires stick past the fenders. We put them on around closing time and head out on a 30 mile trip half gravel road . The next day he put his old rims back on. It was that or put a 100 gallon windsheild washer tank in the bed. More than half the pickups i see have tires sticking past the fenders i dont know how they coup in wet weather.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
The dually pickups aren't immune from looking ridiculous anymore, either. Big blacked out spoke dual wheels sticking out 4, maybe 6 inches past the fenders and tires so close to each other they could pick up a 1-1/4" rock. Well, 2" anyway.
As of late I've been seeing some that touch at the ground, clearly a No-No.