• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

over tire tracks

Rob Gunn

I have a set for my Bobcat S175. I like them when I am in sand a lose soil. Thay do help with traction in a straight push but you will lose some Hp when you make a turn. I dont like them in the snow and I hate them while I am loading onto my trailer. I have heard that when you have them on that you are to remove the drive chain to the front axles but I never have and have never had any issue. I wonder if anyone else out there could say if this is true and should be done and why?

StumpyWally

Liv'in the Dream ---------------> in Ballston, NY
Occupation
PE Civil Eng'r, Computer Sys. Mgr., Retired
I opted for Camoplast solid rubber OTTs on my NH L220 for flotation & for use in the snow. They work well, but they are expensive. The only real problem was clearance...had to add 2" spacers to push the wheels out for clearance (common), & had to downsize from 12x16.5 to 10x16.5 tires to get enough clearance to rear chassis overhang. Depending on the design of the particular SSL you're considering, you may run into the same issues.

You can check out some pictures at my thread https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?35861-User-Improvements-to-New-Holland-L220-SSL-amp-Attachments

Lindsey97

check out grouser tracks. they are sold by oem's and do not void the warranty in most cases. I have a set on a case 70xt. makes a world of difference in regular clay and loose blo sand. I use mine with a CID brush cutter. helps with flats and makes the skid steer climb and traverse rough steep terrain. it gives you the traction of a crawler dozer, and the maneuverability of a skid steer. try a set, I promise you wont be disappointed.

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
I have the Prowler Tracks predator model that I use on a Cat 242 (look very similar to the ones you showed). I did have to add to the boom stops for clearance on the front. Main use was to be able to feed round hay bales in the winter, and they work great for that. The added 500# is nice with a brush cutter too. I haven't noticed any loss of performance, and they are great in loose material. But you sure will tear up turf with them on- no more running up in the yard for a quick task. Pretty rough on your pavement or concrete also.

And as was mentioned, no fun loading on steel ramps on my trailer either.

I'd like to find a trick to mounting them. Even with the tensioner tool, a real pain to mount.

dbs

I have Loegering trailblazers on a New Holland LS190. They are not as aggressive as the bar style but give better flotation and don't tear up your yard as much and are suppose to be their longest lasting tracks. They are expensive, high quality, and give excellent performance especially in deep mud. They are all steel. If you go with an all rubber track you may need to disconnect your drive chains as they may recieve to much stress from the rubber track not slipping at all on the wheels. Trailblazers are a good all around track but for the greatest pushing traction the bar tracks are probably the best bet they lack some of the advantages of the flatter tracks.

stovein

I have the grouser bar tracks simply because I got a set almost new for 1/3 the cost of new. The have great traction and are self cleaning which is a big thing the fall with cold nights but they are much heavier than others. If I bought new I'd get either tracks plus or loegering with the flat pads for less weight and more flotation in the muck.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have Loegering trailblazers on a New Holland LS190. They are not as aggressive as the bar style but give better flotation and don't tear up your yard as much and are suppose to be their longest lasting tracks. They are expensive, high quality, and give excellent performance especially in deep mud. They are all steel. If you go with an all rubber track you may need to disconnect your drive chains as they may recieve to much stress from the rubber track not slipping at all on the wheels. Trailblazers are a good all around track but for the greatest pushing traction the bar tracks are probably the best bet they lack some of the advantages of the flatter tracks.

Same tracks I have on a CASE 465, the additional floatation is nice on the heavier 3K ROC machines.

toomanymachines

I run solideals on my ls 170. getting a flat is miserable to repair you have to take the track off and then your tire. I also found out that you have to run the tires very firm, or they will tend to roll off on a sharp turn on concrete or pavement.
Mine are a few years old. use them summer and winter, to lazy to remove them.

ValleyFirewood

What is best choice for running a machine over a driveway.. Log pile to wood processor, back and forth.
make 20+ loads a day and the r0ad tears up.

Tracks help?

edwardporter

I had a set of solid deal tracks on a 7810 Gehl. They gave me great traction but ate the tires up on the sidewalls.good floatation though. I traded for a. Ctl 85 never looked back. Over the tire tracks are a bandaid to traction and float problems. Only lasted 500 hours .chunked. out with splits. I did run them hard.