• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Our summer disaster + pics

diggn4alivn

Occupation
Loader Operator
After spending a wonderful long weekend out of the province visiting family my crew and I arrived at our pit to discover this wonderful site...

This is a crushing/washing plant. We go through alot of water therefore we need two very large water ponds. One for "clean" water and one for "dirty". Unfortunately, we had new ponds built the previous year because we had to move the entire plant much further away from the pre-existing ponds. The berm that was constructed was not made with suitable material and a large section decided to wash out due to much pressure and a weekend with substantial water fall. This is what happens!! When we arrived our twin screener was leaning soo bad we thought it was going to tip over but LUCKILY it did not. Surprising the frame did not bend.

Clean up took approximately 2-3 weeks and an additional week to work out all the kinks. Digging up power cables was probably the worst part of the whole cleanup as it had to mostly be done by hand. Walking in that muck was also an extremely good work out.

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l48/niggs_04/Wash%20plant%20disaster%20summer%2009/

sandnsnow

Occupation
adult babysitter
nice pictures glad to see all the equipment was ok. I wish they would make a screening/crushing forum

diggn4alivn

Occupation
Loader Operator
Thanks man. Yeah we got lucky in that regard!
That would be kind of neat to see a crushing/screening forum in here.