1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

OTC Y-94 A flow tester

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by melben, Nov 30, 2019.

1. melben

melben Senior Member

I am looking for a used cover and wrap around frame for a OTC Y-94 A flow meter. If anyone on forum can guide me in the right direction for these parts I would appreciate it. I inherited one and after navigating OTC's website and service centers lookup page I decided that my peers on forum would be a greater asset in my search.

2. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

I can't help you Mel.
    But it is nice to see you are alive and well !!:)
    I miss seeing your well informed posts you used to make.

3. melben

melben Senior Member

Tinkerer,

I will have to check n more often, I was thinking about putting this request on the BH/LDR forum but was not sure if that would be considered proper.

Tinkerer likes this.
  4. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

After your long absence I don't think the mods would mind where you posted it !
    I have done some looking for that cover and frame. I found the flow meters are available but not just the cover.:(

5. melben

melben Senior Member

I have an email in to OTC but doubt if they even supply parts anymore but one of their latest offerings is very similar except a digital display instead of an analog meter, Must be everyone is off for the holiday as I got no phone response today, I a couple of repair centers.

6. excavator

excavator Senior Member

Can you post a picture? Several of the OTC flow meters were built by Webster.

7. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Can't help on parts, there are some hits on Google for parts, but you probably already checked those!

Got me thinking about the flow tester we had at the shop OTC that looked pretty close to this one:

flow meter.png

Had that one rated at 50 GPM as I recall and a "Flow divider" to let you hook that inline to double the flow rate. Sad thing is like many other tools we had I really doubt anyone there now even has the faintest idea what it is or how to use it. Almost think I should have stuck it in the bottom drawer of my tool box on the way out the door and put it on Ebay.

Another one is the tooling to bore out the lower bores of wet sleeve engines and press in new sleeves for the lower seal rings. That one was used maybe three times before upper management decided to downgrade the shop to only do minor engine repair work.

8. melben

melben Senior Member

9. melben

melben Senior Member

Identical unit except mine id analog meter instead of digital display

10. f311fr1

f311fr1 Senior Member

local sheet metal shop should be able to fab up a cover

Tinkerer and kshansen like this.