• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Oshkosh DA 1500/1800 FireTruck

PoweredbyCat

Hi Guys... And girls,

First time post on HEF.

Don't know if this is the correct place but It will have to do. Anyway just wondering if anyone out there has had anything to do with the Oshkosh DA 1500/1800 fire trucks? If so what were their areas of weakness, did they have any idiosyncraties? I reckon a few people will say the fact they have 2 GM's to scream their heads off! Hahaha

What was the steering and articulation systems like on them?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

PbC

PoweredbyCat

As far as I can work out there is none here in Aus. But the US Marines have 1700 of these units in operation or did have anyway. They were a joint venture between Oshkosh and Rosenbrauer so I dont think they could be all that bad. But I have never seen one in the flesh so can't really comment hence the questions...

rare ss

the age of them may hold them back these days, Air Service Australia run the Rosenbrauer Pather at all the supported aerodrome to keep all the units to a standard (even to the point of purchasing the other model units to match their existing fleet)

These replaced the Mill-Tui Striker which were a NZ version of a Oshkosh i believe?

There are very tight requirements for airport fire tenders wich would be the reason for not many old units around the place, the local RAAF base purchased x2 old striker units and spent huge money trying to get them up to speed last i heard they were replacing them with some Rosenbrause Pathers after the locally built Scania 6x6 unit can't meet the requirements