• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

OSHA criteria for operating next to excavation, holes, ditches, trenches and slopes.

OLDBEAR

Does anyone know the OSHA criteria for operating cranes next to excavation, holes, ditches, trenches and slopes, specifically where can I find the document to download and print? Thanks in advance.

OLDBEAR

Hey digger242j that is what I have going by these days. I must admit feeling dumb not being able to find an OSHA document that covers this. I want to cover all the bases these days. I am getting older and do not want to make the five-o-clock news much less get caught being too close to the edge. I have found some good articles about soil types and how much psi they will hold. Good stuff.

Jimothy

Occupation
Digger
My foreman had a crane flip into excavation, usually if a cranes coming in will build a pad for them to hoist off of but I guess crane was there and he wanted to setup in one spot over another he was warned of uncompacted fill and the weight of lifting towards the hole sent it in the hole no one hurt but definitely throws a wrench in the schedules