• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Opinions/Reviews on Deere 700 series dozers

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
I'm looking to add a used, medium size dozer to my arsenal. I started with a Deere 550G many years ago and it served me well. The Deere 700 series is the largest machine that I can haul on my current truck and has a 6 way blade. I need a six way for finishing work and something big enough to work quickly, but not so big it won't fit on my truck. I was also considering Komatsu 51 series machines but they are taller and past my legal height limit unless I move the machine differently than via my flat deck truck. The Deere K series is actually just a little bit shorter that the J series so that's what I'm seriously considering at this time. Cat equipment is not on any of my consideration lists for personal reasons.

I'm asking for anyone that's had operating/ownership and/or maintenance/repair experience with these Deere 700 machines, be it the J or K series, please chime in on this thread. I like to accumulate as much knowledge and opinion on products prior to any purchase. Not sure if I will go LGP or XLT at this time - opinions on the differences in those matter too. TIA.