• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Opinions on Skiddys

GFMotorsports

Looking at new skid steers and the 2 leading candidates are the Cat 262d and the Kubota SSV75...

What are your opinions on the units?
I have a gripe with the Kubota due to the cab noise, seems very noisy (Pilot controls) Has anyone else noticed this or just me?
The Cat is crazy quiet and smooth as most are, but the price on the Kubota (and cab size) is right.

What are the highs and lows that you all have noticed? Haven't seen much on here about the Kubota.

Shimmy1

I don't know, seems to me everybody on here that has a Kubota seems to like it. We have a Bobcat only because the other guy didn't care for the cab on the Kubota. I personally preferred the roll-up door, and thought the controls were slightly better feeling, but in the end we settled on Bobcat. How much have you ran the two units? I personally think the control you have with a Cat is considerably less precise than the Kubota.

GFMotorsports

I've had considerable time on a SVL95-2 and it did not seem as noisy. Possibly due to final drive location???? Have had some time in the D series Cats but smaller unit than the 262. Cat seemed pretty sensitive, not as much as the Kubota.

Vetech63

Check parts and service availability. That only should make your choice pretty obvious.