• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Opinions on a Volvo ECR88.

OOOSQ

The early versions of the ECR88 were a bit troublesome in terms of cooling capacity. If your buying a new machine, this issues have been sorted by upping the fan speed and also increasing the size of the cooling package and vents on the engine covers. Big benefit of the ECR88 is the cabin. Both the ECR58 and ECR88 share the same cabin and I doubt there's anything bigger in that size on the market.

If buying used - make sure it has the updated cooling package, because if you live in hot or humid conditions, the machine will struggle to cool itself. Despite this - good solid machine, with a very reliable Yanmar/Volvo donk that won't give you any hassles.

barklee

Ran a pc 78 a few times, very nice machines. They seem to have good resale and a good dealer network. I have a Takeuchi TB 180, i would recommend one to anybody. They are very solid machines

OOOSQ

The Komatsu PC is a better machine side by side vs the volvo. Not sure on the US market, but it will probably be around the same price spec for spec. Shouldn't be too much more expensive.

trackhoejoe

Pulled the trigger on a new PC-88 today. They are putting a hyd. quick-change on it. It will be ready in a couple of weeks. I will post some pics when they deliver it. Thanks for the all the responses.

ftb

I have a ecr88 from 06 and have had no problems what so ever. Its been an incredible machine. But good luck with the one you purchased.