• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

operator Q

pigpen60

lets start with, i am not an operator i am a driver! i use a skidloader on occasion and normally have no problems but i had one as i turn(counterrotating) it bounced like all heck. so i decide to turn gradually like normal(arc) and it still bounced like all heck. what was the problem? other than me.(hopefully) oh and this was on gravel road and dirt.

Midwestern4x4

Occupation
Local 150 Operator
Alot of them if it bounces your arm will move ,and amplify the problem. I hate bobcat for this reason. Any other brand is fine with me.

aja458

i think sometime it is not the correct throttle speed-too slow or too fast. and other times its just happens. ive been on a bobcat since 1983. and it still get the jumpy on me. alot of time i will stop and give it more gas and then go from there.

heavylift

But did you stay on for 8 seconds...:)

I always pull back first ... then push the other handle forward... on machines with two levers

newer models with foot throttles tend to give guys fits, when they start bucking...
Don't run machine with sticks..... much.... now that they have come out with pilot controls...
type of tire can make things worst....brand new tires are the worst..

rough concrete is the absolute worst surface to work on... I sometimes scattered some sand or dirt if turning in on area....

what's funny is some kid will get on one.... then say you make that look easy.... after they have fought the machine all day...

excav8r

Occupation
Equipment Operator
try keeping your arms low as well i find a lower center of gravity can help as well as like previously stated back first then forward

pigpen60

the arm bounce fits me good. i cant use the hand controld to lift/dump cause of bounce. try what yall have sugested, thanks

Midwestern4x4

Occupation
Local 150 Operator
No Problem. That's why I absolutely Hate Bobcat. Controls are to sensative ,and bounce once , game over. Best stop ,and try again.