• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

OOPs - Crap Where does this wire go? What size is this fitting?

Joe Friday

Clearings some over growth today. Snagged the fitting coming out of the fuel tank on my 580 K Back hoe. Hot and tired... Had to get cooled off. IMG_3523.JPG When I get parts do I need a 3/8 pipe nipple and elbow? Does anyone know where this wire goes?IMG_3525.JPG Attached to this?IMG_3526.JPG Also found a loose fitting - not even finger tight. IMG_3528.JPG Wire came off it also.

JL Sargent

Looks like you broke a 1/2" NPT nipple. They are pretty thin, so that could be what's happened right there.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Follow it to the other end. I have schematics. Case offered this tractor in three series, and open cab, enclosed, front control & side console. Some had fuses beside the engine & at bottom of side console. A dozen choices of harness, One mated to another. I'll need more detail about your tractor. About 15 pages of schematics within a given series. Mine is about 1988.

Joe Friday

The end goes to the silver metal bracket. Not sure where the other end goes. It is a late series I 580 K with roll over protection only. No cab serial number around 19K

Attachments

• IMG_3526.JPG
    IMG_3526.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Bill Edwards

I'd say the one with a single wire with a blue crimp must be some sort of pressure/temp switch, and I'm wondering if the other electrical device is a solenoid, such as for a return to dig feature?

Joe Friday

Well I bought 3/8" and 1/4" fittings - I think they are 3/8" on the fuel line. When I get it repaired, I will let you know what size it is. I still don't know what the 2 wire plug goes. It might be a week before I get back to it. My main fear is vandalism before I can get it repaired. (have a drug dealer neighbor who is moving out currently)

Jonas302

Dont be using a ez out on that pipe fitting they will expand the pipe into the hole
use a strait cut drive in type or best to make your own I grind a chisel sharp one way and flat on the back side so it cuts going in and the flat side backs out the fitting best to drive in with a air hammer and keep the vibrations on while turning on the flat with a adjustable wrench works super well On the rare fitting that does come out you can cut it and break it out with the chisel
IMG_1835.JPG IMG_1836.JPG