• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Online Service manuals, any good ones or safe ones?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Does anyone know if any of those online sites that claim to have "Free manuals" for download are real and safe?

Every so often while trying to help someone trouble shoot a problem I do a search for information and find places claiming they have free manuals in pdf format for down load but ask you to "register" before seeing them.

I'm a bit paranoid of just "registering" with them!

Case I was looking for was information on a Michigan 175 transmission problem. I see Minnpar has all kinds of parts book but I was hoping for a service manual to give some ideas on doing pressure tests of clutch packs.

excavator

I get a lot of manuals from Scribd, it costs me $12.00 a month for unlimited access but for me it's well worth it. I'm with you though about the sites that want you to register, not worth it for me.

Zewnten

Email for junk and disposable password not tied to anything important. I've gotten a lot of good manuals that way, bigger issue for me is clicking on the link downloads something other than what I wanted so I usually open it in virtual

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Does anyone know if any of those online sites that claim to have "Free manuals" for download are real and safe?

Every so often while trying to help someone trouble shoot a problem I do a search for information and find places claiming they have free manuals in pdf format for down load but ask you to "register" before seeing them.

I'm a bit paranoid of just "registering" with them!

Case I was looking for was information on a Michigan 175 transmission problem. I see Minnpar has all kinds of parts book but I was hoping for a service manual to give some ideas on doing pressure tests of clutch packs.
kshansen what is your email .I have a service manual the 175 I will sent you .
A good website of some stuff is https://www.liberatedmanuals.com . Alot of military stuff but crosses over construction and industrial stuff.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Michigan (Clark) went to online manuals a dozen or more years ago. One Saturday when I was insurance sitting a subcontractor I downloaded and printed all 600 pages for my Ranger 666D log skidder quite a few years ago. The local dealer gave me the site address when I enquired about a manual. They were all free then. Don't know about now or about other sites.