• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

One more JD 490 question

Can anybody tell me if a 1987 JD490D would have come with a valve to swap from JD to Cat controls? If so where would I look for it? This machine is a Fabtek processor conversion and has a lot of additional valves, and lines to it. If there is no switching valve I am presuming I can just swap the pilot leads around. Anybody know where that valve bank is? What leads would I switch? Been running Cat controls my whole life and having a real hard time with the difference, especially since my 909 Kobelco is Cat set up - and has a lot more room to work on things!!! Thanks

AndrewC

Remove panel on the bottom behind the cab and you will see hoses going to a manifold. They should have letters on them.
Move e to g
Move g to e
Move f to l
Move l to f
Or vise versa. You can buy a pattern changer valve but Im assuming that when you do it you have no plans to change back after.

Do you have an operators manual for this unit? That's all in the book. If not keep an eye on ebay you may get a good deal on one.