• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

once again more pics of hoes Volvo 700B

MMSOCAL

Occupation
Excavator Operator 375b,ex1100me, 5130
Has anyone run the larger volvo excavators, i've only run cat and hitatchi and i was wondering how they compare in price and in production. I believe the company i work for rented one and liked it but i've never been on one myself.

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Whats the baby volvo for? cleaning the big ones tracks?

But in all seriousness..... whats the little one gonna be when it grows up?

Rockbreaker

If you buy the big one you maybe get the little one with you?

Good machine for cleaning undercarrige with... just need a rototilt and a custom made scoop and off you go:thumbsup

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
The little one kinda reminds me of one of those little fish that swim around with big sharks cleaning up food scraps stuck in the sharks teeth.
That or one of those little birds than ride around on buffalo picking things out of its orifices.
:cool:

JDOFMEMI

Here is a couple of pics of the one we rented here a year or so ago.
It seemed like a pretty good machine, very productive, smooth, and the most fuel effecient hoe that size I have been around.
It did have some minor issues, things coming loose mostly. Overall, it was a good machine for the 1000 hrs we put on it.

Attachments

• 11-15-06 various 032 (Small).jpg
    11-15-06 various 032 (Small).jpg
    75 KB · Views: 768
  • 100_1732 (Small).JPG
    100_1732 (Small).JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 792
  • 100_1884 (Small).JPG
    100_1884 (Small).JPG
    54 KB · Views: 752

TRACKHOE71

Occupation
OPERATOR
ive been running a 460blc volvo for a month now, and needless to say im very happy with the machine, ive ran a couple of the 330's and i really didnt care for them, but now being in this beast for a while , im really falling in love! the one thing i noticed when setting inlets(catch basins) its very precise, you can put the structure in place with out strugling. its a very heavy machine and it sits very nice if hanging over the trench. it has good power, i think it could use a little more, but in overall its a pretty decent machine.

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
Do you get any jumping when you pull the boom and stick in as it's being pulled in?
That's a big complaint around here.

TRACKHOE71

Occupation
OPERATOR
yes i have noticed that when you bring in the stick and the boom, relativley quick it will hop and carry on. my only other complaint about the volvo is i wish they would re-design there quick coupler system, i dont care for it , i like cat setup so much better i feel that its more safe then having just 2 hooks and have a little steel plate that slides over the back of the bucket , plus if your on a hill or some type of incline and you need to swap buckets you have to try and line up a hook to get it close with a cat , you can at least get it close and slide the front hook and put pressure on the downhill side and get the bucket to kinda tilt on its side to get to hook in with the volvos its tough and i think it looks kinda cheap.

Turbo21835

I have to agree with Trackhoe71 about the Volvo quick coupler. I never really noticed the issue when trying to line things up, never really worked any hill sides. My complaint is you cant turn the bucket around and use it like a shovel. Very helpful when having to dig under a foundation or existing utility.

A lot of my time in a volvo is doing demo. We had a 700, and several 460s. The 460s needed some more ass, but thats because we had shears on them. The 700 was good in its role. All were nice machines, but they just dont seem to hold up to demo work.