• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

on operating a dozer

witchdoctor

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
a dozer is a dozer,it's what you are use to doing with it that makes the operator. when i moved to tx. i had not done any real grade work,only running big stuff pushing scrapers,clearing just hogging dirt mostly. had quite a few years experince on dozers but was far from operator.when i got to flat houston there was no mountains to move.just cut the top soil off then they set bluetops,talk about lost. the point here is like a few others said,if you run the small stuff the big ones are a peice of cake.the only diff will be the controls and thats easy.as far as that goes every time i get on a diffrent dozer i has diffrent controlls.i don't know why they got to change them every other year.