• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Oliver OC12 Loader

Mother Deuce

I have Monday off so was wandering around the campus in Vermont and found some cool iron. I thought this was an Allis when I found it and jammed on the binders to grab an image... I got it home and found I could not resolve the idler perches on International, AC, or Fat Allis finally found it in an auction flyer an hour later. I was flipping through this online flyer and there were my idler perches on a 1958 Oliver OC12 Flyer credit to Aumann Auctions 2017 and Oliver. This machine may be a "great speckled bird" as I had a heck of a time trying to find a matching image.
Oliver OC12.jpg IMG_1398.JPG

Last edited:

Mother Deuce

Did these OC-12's use differential style steering like the other Cletrac models?
Yes, at that point it was referred to as "power turn" in 59 they introduced "spot turn" which allowed for short radius turns. The inside track according to their copy would turn in a 25 inch radius, and touts the machines ability to work in tight places. The machine became the OC 126 after the loader was installed. It is a yard and a half. Ware Machine Works of Ware Massachusetts produced nearly all the loaders used on Oliver Crawlers.

Last edited:

Mother Deuce

Yes, at that point it was referred to as "power turn" in 59 they introduced "spot turn" which allowed for short radius turns. The inside track according to their copy would turn in a 25 inch radius, and touts the machines ability to work in tight places. The machine became the OC 126 after the loader was installed. It is a yard and a half. Ware Machine Works of Ware Massachusetts produced nearly all the loaders used on Oliver Crawlers.
Speaking of Cletrac...
Clectrac Dozer.jpg