• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Torque Converter Oil

Hello all,

I am picking up a new (to me) 1968 Scoopmobile LD350. It has Clark axels and a Clark Torque converter. The torque Converter is COMPLELY Dry.

It does have this plate on it saying that I need to use mobilfluid 200 Type A oil in it. The problem is my Time machine that will take me back to a time when that made since to anyone at a parts store is broken as well.

Can any of you all help me out and give me an idea of some oil I can use without screwing this this up?

Any help would be appreciated. IMG_9708.jpg

Tyler d4c

My quick research came to the conclusion that you cab use Mobil 424 in it. It is tractor transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Other ones that ate the same are deere hygard and caterpillar mto.
You can get 424 at tractor supply for 85 a pail or so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230922_193218_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230922_193218_Chrome.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 5