• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Stump removal D9G Style

ianjoub

Why didn't you just use the blade in the 1st place? Surely it would have sheared off or pulled out.

I had a Clarke/Michigan 125B wheel loader that would pull 24" pine stumps with tap root right up out of the ground with a root rake.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
That stump looks like the one in my side yard. It's a old rotten Poplar. Not sure I really want a D9 to remove it, be a bit of a job cleaning up afterwards!

TimT

Occupation
Heavy Construction driver/operator
Why didn't you just use the blade in the 1st place? Surely it would have sheared off or pulled out.

I had a Clarke/Michigan 125B wheel loader that would pull 24" pine stumps with tap root right up out of the ground with a root rake.
That D9 is one of my toys, I wanted to play with the ripper. I KNOW I don't NEED a D9 to rip out an old stump, but since I just bought one, I figured I would have some fun. You realize people collect Old Cats...some folks just like looking at them, I like to play around with mine. I spent my whole life working with equipment and trucks and I still can't get enough.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Know exactly what you mean :) I love playing with my old iron... when /if I ever get time, And I don't know why but every once in a while I start looking for more...;) Probably some sort of disease or something....

td25c

That stump looks like the one in my side yard. It's a old rotten Poplar. Not sure I really want a D9 to remove it, be a bit of a job cleaning up afterwards!

We demoed an old concrete swimming pool last week in a back yard .

Customer was watching us bustin it up with the excavator . He comes over & asks " what type of grass seed should we throw on when it's finished ? "

" Well ….…. First thing yer gonna need is a good landscaper as we only good at bustin & rippin stuff up " . :eek: LOL !

TimT

Occupation
Heavy Construction driver/operator
Traded it back to the guy and a 450C JD for the 9. I can get another small dozer, But not often do you get a chance at a decent D9G 30 minutes from home. The 9 is in much better shape all around than the 25 and it's easier to get parts& support. I am hoping I will not need either one though. I always wanted a 9G dressed out just like this one.