• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Stuff in Ohio

rino

Occupation
Drive steel bed Dump Truck for a paving company
ohioduramax

Well; kind a sort a. Yes, but I'm laidoff for the winter!

ohioduramax

How long have you been with them? What do you do for them? I was on the route 8 job between graham rd and 303 this past summer and fall.

That old machinery should be more valuable as parts than scrap with scrap now being around 3 cents. I had an old front axle off a Michigan loader last year I picked up. was good all the way through. A sawmill that used the same typ laoder to move logs and load chips broke a planetary. They knew I had one and I made a quick 950 after some haggling then later they gave me 1200 for the rest of the axle. Id love the old dragline myself. He wouldnt happpen to have an old Drott30 or Yumbo 30 a friend of mine has one in a recycle yard that has a pulp grapple on it but the swing box is bad.

I own a drott yumbo 30 yc its been sitting for lack of a drive sprocket seal retainer probably way too late but I have one

renaud

Rino,
Many thanks for sharing these pictures.It is very interresting.I'll never get tired looking at old equipment.I'll never get enough "wandering around" yard filled with old equipment like that.Some very interresting machines in there.....that MF88 loader-it seems like theire are 2 of them is something rare and has a unique design.
Many thanks for sharing.
Max.