• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

old pony start D6

Finish Blademan

Occupation
Sitework superintendent for Wolff Construction. ww
Sweet lookin old tractors Dave.I love to see them old tractors still cutting dirt.Tells you something about quality that was built into em..

dieseldave

dieseldave,

Is that a 5800 Link-Belt in your picture?

I'm not sure, but I thought it was a 4800?:beatsme It has an 8v71 in it and it's #117, that's about all I know for sure:D. Here are a few more pictures, maybe you can tell what it is.

Attachments

• equpiment pictures 2 062.jpg
    equpiment pictures 2 062.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 667
  • equpiment pictures 2 216.jpg
    equpiment pictures 2 216.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 653
  • equpiment pictures 2 217.jpg
    equpiment pictures 2 217.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 676

dieseldave

Sweet lookin old tractors Dave.I love to see them old tractors still cutting dirt.Tells you something about quality that was built into em..

Thanks Blademan, here's a video of it working, and if you look at my other youtube stuff you'll see some other old iron at work too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTEjvqzXHU0
I posted this link awhile back in another thread - it's of the D6 9U clearing- and I haven't posted any new equipment vids for awhile so if you've seen them already don't waste your time:drinkup

Regarding quality, every time I work on one of these things I'm reminded that they built them to the very best of their ability with the finest materials and technology available at the time. One thing that really gets me is when I find a bolt that I'm 99% sure was installed at the factory in 1957 and it comes out like it was installed last week. I'm not necessarily talking about inside stuff that runs in oil, either, but bolts that have been out in the elements for 50+ years.

Finish Blademan

Occupation
Sitework superintendent for Wolff Construction. ww
Mornin Dave.I haven`t seen em yet.Gonna take a look at em.I enjoy seeing older machinery still working and fulfilling was it was made for.
Gene

Bill Standifer

I believe that my father in law has a couple of old pony motors. He has a lot of old parts laying around. Some in the box brand new. He has some cat rollers and Berco that fit a
D7 that are brand new and an alternator that's still in the box. Many bearings and filters. I used to help him when ran those older cats. Brought back some memories.