• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old D9 vids

Highwood5

Havent had timr to get back here lately. that ole piston probably has more iron than the hole block on that buick! As for wieght on that 353- I'll take a guess of @ 4000Lbs.

dieseldave

The one in the pic with the all the framework came in at 7320, but I took a bare 353 shortblock in the other day and it weighed 4400.

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
I'm always glad to see the older machines working. Something about them amkes me think of how things used to be done without power this and that. Tough folks back then.

dm688s

parts help...

Great stuff Dave....love the vids. My father and I recently got an old D9D-
18A that had been sitting for years and have been fixing her up. Any advice on a good source for parts? Looking for weld-on sprocket rings but not having much luck. Have been to local Cat dealer found some way out west but shipping is outrageous. Any help much appreciated

dieseldave

Other than the Cat house I can't think of any source of parts, used to be parts machines around but not much anymore. Is yours 9" pitch UC or has it been upgraded to 10 3/4"? How much more do you have to do on it? I ran mine today, a little clearing and spreading some piles. A really sweet machine, one of all time favorites to run.

Last edited: