• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

old d8

old dirt

Occupation
opertor
In the middle to the late 50s My Dad run a d8 high output ,what was diffence between THAT AND the D8.Maybe some of you old dozer hands can help me out Thanks old dirt

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
were not very many of them around. I can't ever recall seeing one.

crayton

Occupation
Don't want one now, retired.
Ran one back in 1957 pulling a 50 ton Brothers 4 wheeled roller. Had a big box filled with dirt. they said 100,000 lbs of dirt. Sure was heavy. Split manifold and straight pipes. couldn;t hear spit at night. got some little rubber ear plugs from drugest and almost got fired because I couldn't get them out to my ears to talk to the boss. Drug that thing around later with a 9U D6 with street pads and a cherry picker mounted on it. What a deal, clouldn't turn only go back and forth. Boss finaly got some bolt on grousers for it but only about a dozen for each side. /What a ride.

Mike Mc

Occupation
Oilfields
Hey that's my High Output! Here is a video of the kids playing on it at the Santa Margarita tractor show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kHHtRUVucw

If you look in the truck section there are some pics and info on it under "are my wide load flags correct".

I got whole bunch of info and pics on this old girl if your interested.

DPete

Hey that's my High Output! Here is a video of the kids playing on it at the Santa Margarita tractor show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kHHtRUVucw

If you look in the truck section there are some pics and info on it under "are my wide load flags correct".

I got whole bunch of info and pics on this old girl if your interested.
Good of ya to let Deas play with your toys LOL, hope you don't mind me posting it

Mike Mc

Occupation
Oilfields
No worries Dan but now we have proof how hard them Aussies are on equipment LoL

The HO rpm's were up from 900 to 1,200 bringing the horse power up from 147 to 180. A 2" loner hard nose and hood to leave room for a harmonic dampner mounted on the crank. The air cleaner is also bigger than the standard D8 with two pre cleaners. Different transmission gear ratio's to help it catch and push the scrapers. They also had a bigger fuel tank so they could get a days work without refueling since the fuel was turned up. I put a regular seat on so passengers can ride along.

Last edited:

td25c

The twin stack D8 look's & sounds great Mike Mc.Thanks for linking it up DPete.

Mike Mc

Occupation
Oilfields

old dirt

Occupation
opertor
I don't know who is the most seasoned but I do know this is best EQ site going. Alot of knowledge on these pages. I know I miss sitting in the seat. Thanks old dirt