• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ok Who's Man Enough to Operate It?

cat320

Charter Member
no problem if they gave it to me, tell them to ship it on over . i know one thing you would get alot of work because everyone would rember the guy with the pink backhoe

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
i would be honored to run it.
i started shaving my head at 19 in support of a family member with cancer. i am soon to be 37 and still bald.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
[/I'd rather be inside it, operating, than outside, looking at it... QUOTE]

I agree it is not very pretty even in person. But as a cancer survivor my self, I can appreciate the purpose behind it.

Oh, no question about that, and I didn't mean to minimze the purpose for it. I just am not a fan of that color...

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
i would my mother is a survivor

i started shaving my head at 19 in support of a family member with cancer. i am soon to be 37 and still bald.

Me too. I have a loved one that is battling breast cancer now, operating a pink backhoe is nothing...:cool:

Last edited:

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
20yrs ago a pink hoe would have made people question your sexual preferances........ today pink being recognized worldwide with the cancer awareness - it makes you a hero.
Funny how times change. :)

1080 bobcat

Occupation
self employed mechainc
i remenber read a article years ago about some constrution company in calforina had painted all there equipment pink to keep it from geting stoled backed in the 50s and they still do today

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.

Oh is that the reason for the baldness? That's not just an excuse? :roll

But back to the thread, I'd operate that, around here there's a pink garbage truck, a pink redi-mix truck, some companies have pink pickups. For the last two years and it looks like now until she's dead or just immobile I help my wife raise the money for her to walk in breast cancer support walks.

It's amazing the amount of support and knowledge that has been spread about cancer in just the last few years, and I can't see it getting any less.

Remember until a cure is found. 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.

case 580sm

Occupation
full time backhoe operator
beating cancer, and finding a cure

I'd operate it, look at it, and the best thing about it is that there supporting the cancer survivors, and the ones trying to beat it, with out it I don't what they'd do. Glad that machine is a case, wouldn't want anything else. :)

Randy88

I would be an honor to run it, and own it for that matter, pink is now becoming a standard for cancer in the heavy equipment industry, some tile companies are making tile in pink and stringing trailers in pink, seen a few excavators in pink as well, to me the color isn't the issue or how shiny it is, but what it resembles and stands for, there are plenty of cancer survivors in my own family along with those that didn't survive.

Again it would be an honor to operate it and I take my hat off to anyone who either does or owns a piece of equipment thats painted pink, its no longer a statement of anything sexual but a statement for a disease thats killing thousands every year and needs to have a permanent cure found for, not only just breast cancer but all cancers worldwide and if it takes something painted pink to help do it, then they can paint every piece of equipment ever made pink in my opinion.

dirthog28

My mother being a survivor and everything she went through, running a pink backhoe would be no problem. Now running a CASE backhoe would be problem!! Paint a Deere I'll take it.