• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Oil sample......

Shimmy1

This is an oil sample from a excavator that is selling on Iron Planet. The engine was rebuilt 80 hours ago, and the hydraulic oil was changed at that time. I have my opinions, just wanted to see if you guys agree.

Screenshot_20240324-101032.png

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
He's not at all pleased. I told him the silicon in the engine is concerning, but the iron in the hydraulics is absolutely terrifying.
A rebuilt engine with only 80 hours I’d be just as worried that the engine sample is positive for water and glycol as I would be about the silicon - which ideally ought to be in low single digits.

80-hour hydraulic oil with 400+ ppm of iron is an indication that something is about to come apart big style.