• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

oil capacity case 1845c

Terryz

Anyone know the chaincase oil capacity of a case 1845c? the machine came into our shop with the cases drained. I don't see any level plugs. Thanks, Terry

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Check this link:

http://www.colemanequip.com/SpecSheets/1845C.pdf

Capacities are bottom center of the first page.

I believe Case recommends engine oil in the chain cases. Some may disagree, but as all that is really in there are three chains and half a dozen sprockets, I think any oil would be fine. Compared to the chain on a motorcycle they live a good life if you can keep the water out! Shock loads from show-off operators will do more damage than anything else.

If the compartments are dirty or have signs of water I usually would dump in a couple gallons of fuel oil and block the machine up so you could spin wheels back and fourth for several minutes then drain and fill with clean oil. New seals/gaskets on the four covers is a good idea, check them for cracks around stud holes from someone over tightening the nuts.