• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

OHIO - Weight capacity, need CDL?

Knocker of rock

Not in Alabama and the State has to go by the min Fed. standards. It's still the truck or the combination weight, truck and trailer over 26,001 with a trailer 10,001 pounds or greater or a truck with a GVW of 26,001 or greater pulling a trailer 10,0001 or greater.

http://dps.alabama.gov/documents/manuals/cdlmanual.pdf

Page 1-1

A 14k trailer and 11K truck = no CDL here.

Changes noted

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
i think he will need a cdl last time i weighed my set up i believe i was a bit over 27k and i have basically the same set as him although i think my newer backhoe is a bit heavier than the older cases it will still be close

glenlunberg

Occupation
Supervisor
i have your same set up pretty much truck wise with a 25ft triple axle gooseneck ill post a pic from today where i was working at i had to unload on the side of the road. ive been stopped before by dot and i have yet to be questioned about the weight, my trailer is rated for 18k and my 310sj i would estimate to be around 15-16k

Nice set up you have with this picture. I like the ford.