• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

NY area - Position available for experienced/licensed crane operator

cairon

Seeking experienced and licensed crane operator. If you are qualified and interested please respond and we can discuss the details.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Seeking experienced and licensed crane operator. If you are qualified and interested please respond and we can discuss the details.

Also might help if a slight detail like what do you consider "NY area" to be. Like are you looking for someone on Long Island or Grande Island? For anyone not familiar with New York(the state) those two points are 500 miles and maybe 9 hours drive time apart! But as the only reply here is from Vietnam guess that is not important, "Never Mind!"

WaterDoc

Occupation
Complete water system disinfection services
Also might help if a slight detail like what do you consider "NY area" to be. Like are you looking for someone on Long Island or Grande Island? For anyone not familiar with New York(the state) those two points are 500 miles and maybe 9 hours drive time apart! But as the only reply here is from Vietnam guess that is not important, "Never Mind!"

Sometimes you have to make a long commute for a good job :tong

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
So you going to drive back and forth to Thunder Bay every day? Heck it's just down the road still in Ontario!:D

The Province of Ontario is Canada's second-largest province, with an enormous land area of nearly 1,100,000 square kilometers (about 415,000 square miles, or about 1/6th the size of the entire 48 Lower States). In terms of latitude, Ontario roughly extends from the 42nd parallel (equivalent to Crescent City, California) northerly to the 56th parallel (equivalent to Fort McMurray, Alberta). In terms of longitude, Ontario extends from about 74 Degrees West (roughly equivalent to New York City) to about 95 Degrees West (roughly equivalent to Houston, Texas). It may seem hard to believe, but Jacksonville, Florida is actually located closer to Ontario's Provincial Capital (Toronto) than Kenora, a city in Northwestern Ontario. It takes 24 hours (one full day, non-stop) to drive across Ontario on the Trans-Canada Highway (Hwy 17). It takes 8 hours to drive Ontario's longest freeway (Hwy 401) from end-to-end.
just for info.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
The Province of Ontario is Canada's second-largest province, with an enormous land area of nearly 1,100,000 square kilometers (about 415,000 square miles

And some in Texas think they are special because how "big" they are! Texas=261,797 sq. miles. At least Alaska beats Ontario at 571,951 sq. miles!

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
hay! hay! its not a competition :roll eyes: But I do get a smug smile when I hear some-one brag about how big Texas is.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Nanavut ( one our Northern Territories) is 725,018 sq. mi. but hay! its not a competition Just presenting the facts :drinkup

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I was talking to a Texas rancher one time. He told me he could get in his pickup and travel all day without getting all the way across his ranch. I told him I once had a pickup like that also.

Delmer

The Province of Ontario is Canada's second-largest province, with an enormous land area of nearly 1,100,000 square kilometers (about 415,000 square miles, or about 1/6th the size of the entire 48 Lower States). In terms of latitude, Ontario roughly extends from the 42nd parallel (equivalent to Crescent City, California) northerly to the 56th parallel (equivalent to Fort McMurray, Alberta). In terms of longitude, Ontario extends from about 74 Degrees West (roughly equivalent to New York City) to about 95 Degrees West (roughly equivalent to Houston, Texas). It may seem hard to believe, but Jacksonville, Florida is actually located closer to Ontario's Provincial Capital (Toronto) than Kenora, a city in Northwestern Ontario. It takes 24 hours (one full day, non-stop) to drive across Ontario on the Trans-Canada Highway (Hwy 17). It takes 8 hours to drive Ontario's longest freeway (Hwy 401) from end-to-end.
just for info.

And yet, most of the people are huddled up tight to the border, NOT that they want to get across, NOOO.

Kinda like the early Minnesota settlers, they get 20 miles into the state, "#$%^ THIS, let's put the capital here, I'm not going any farther".