• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

numbers and letters... anybody know!?!

345cl

Occupation
excavator operator in the sewer bussiness
anybody got any videos of the 245 working,,just wondering:)

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
video

anybody got any videos of the 245 working,,just wondering:)

:slomo :D in 1978 we were still winding camera film forward to take the next picture ( dont think batterys had been invented then ) :D video was the name of some bloke in a space adventure :)
I've got an album of pics of the job I was on if you want to see some more ?

345cl

Occupation
excavator operator in the sewer bussiness
:slomo :D in 1978 we were still winding camera film forward to take the next picture ( dont think batterys had been invented then ) :D video was the name of some bloke in a space adventure :)
I've got an album of pics of the job I was on if you want to see some more ?

haaaaaahhaa send them along would like to see them :)

Gavin Phillips

Occupation
office worker
The standard Cat 245 weighs around 65tons (thats metric tons).

When Hitachi had its EX-series being produced; the EX200 was a 20ton machine, EX400 was a 40tonner etc. The older UH-series had no such obvious link, the UH181 for example weighed around 40tons in a standard configuration.

Hymac's mid to late 1980's machines made more sense than the earlier ones, the 181 was an 18ton class machine, the 141 was roughly 14 tons and the 121 approx 12tons.

:eek:

Just be weary, Caterpillar uses the US/short ton so sometimes the figures don't quite match up...

JDOFMEMI

Where does the Cat 300 Excavator fall into this?

I will asssume you are asking about the EL 300 that was one of the first series of machines after the Mitsubishi deal. They were made in the late 80's, into the early 90's, and are 30 ton machines, comperable size to a 330 Cat or most other 300 series metric machines

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
haaaaaahhaa send them along would like to see them :)
OK heres a coupleto keep you intrested:D
The standard Cat 245 weighs around 65tons (thats metric tons).

When Hitachi had its EX-series being produced; the EX200 was a 20ton machine, EX400 was a 40tonner etc. The older UH-series had no such obvious link, the UH181 for example weighed around 40tons in a standard configuration.

Hymac's mid to late 1980's machines made more sense than the earlier ones, the 181 was an 18ton class machine, the 141 was roughly 14 tons and the 121 approx 12tons.

:eek:

Just be weary, Caterpillar uses the US/short ton so sometimes the figures don't quite match up...

So where does a twin engined Hitachi UH20 fit in ?
Where does the Cat 300 Excavator fall into this?

Thanks Pete ( not for the first time today :D) We used to put 4 passes on a 769 due to the bailey bridge!

Attachments

• 245dig.jpg
    245dig.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 413
  • Stokey245.jpg
    Stokey245.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 415

mascas

Occupation
Mechanic
We still run an old 245b on site...have a labounty shear head on it. Just retired the other 245 we had after she shuked her engine....(not the only problem with the machine,just the final one)
She is a hard worker.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
We still run an old 245b on site...have a labounty shear head on it. Just retired the other 245 we had after she shuked her engine....(not the only problem with the machine,just the final one)
She is a hard worker.

Now you mention it, that machine had an engine transplant.
It also had some major welding done around the lift ram, attachment to boom area and the dipper arm.

Attachments

• dipper.jpg
    dipper.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 251

Northart

Nomenclature ?

This is the thread I was looking for , Nomenclature of the Numbers and Letters .

In reply to the thread in the dozer section.

Iron Horse

Excavators with 45 in the prefix that weigh 60 tonnes .:beatsme:beatsme

D8's which stands for Diesel 80hp that must be 400hp by now .:beatsme:beatsme

I'm more confusder dan i was :p.