• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

not so new 37g

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
i finally got a new computer, the new 37 has over 2500 hrs on it now, i got to run it for a couple months, but didnt really like the new 6 cylinder in the front, the power was comparable , the 6 was alot more snappy, just partial to the 3408, plus the seat in the new 37 didnt work as good. since the 37 that ive been running for three years an 05, came back from cat with a midlife rebuild i took it instead, rebuilt from the ground up, even a new interior. now that i got this pic resizing figured out maybe ill be able to post them, here is a couple of pics i took last night at work, 37 e 2s. the first pic is the not so newer 37, pretty cool how they made the air sucker for the front right there, you can change the air filter from the ground, if your tall you can check the oil too, the second is the one i run, the good one in my opinion

Attachments

• 006 (640x360).jpg
    006 (640x360).jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 1,925
  • 007 (640x360).jpg
    007 (640x360).jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 1,920
  • 013 (640x480).jpg
    013 (640x480).jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,929
  • 014 (640x480).jpg
    014 (640x480).jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 1,943

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
we are in northern wyo, we mine bentonite, in the pics we are dumping overburden back in the hole we dug the bentonite out of, we are 200 miles from gillete so im not familiar with the companies or contractors in that area, some day im gonna take a tour of a mine over there though, check out the big ****,

X Quad Operator

Goodmorning 637slayer, I worked in Wyoming 22 years ago and worked the big mines Antelope, was one out of Bill wyoming next to Black Thunder, and three or four more in Gillete, they ran the biggest and the most modern Dozers, Scrapers and the biggest off road haulers made what a neat experience. I had come streight from the Orange county area in California the Wyoming contractors had the big scrapers 651,s and two or three 657's of course D9H push cats, I could not believe how big the off road trucks were a 657 scraper could park the scraper canopy under the lip of the dump bed and the top of the canopy still cleared the bottom of the lip a good 6 feet maybe 8 feet it was unbelievable. I thought the contractors treated there operators like !%*# and the wages I think the scraper operator was getting $7.25 an hour back then of course coming from california being Union. I hope things have changed quite a bit for all the operators. Have a good one. Mike Nebergall

Dutchman

I don't think S&M is around anymore. I don't know that for sure though. I know Osbourne is not

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
i have e few friends that live in gillete, they work for contractors at a couple of the bigger mines, one works at n.a.r.m., all they do is spread topsoil, and strip top soil, they run quite a few 57s, matched with 51s to do the touch up work, the bulk is handled by a fleet of bottom dump trailers, powered by a 777, they load them with a big cat trackhoe dont know the numbers, the ones with the cab way up high so you can look into the trucks, wish he would send pics, hes sent a couple cool ones just from a cell phone, he was tracking a d10 across the mine and snapped a pic of the orange cloud that happens after they blast, hurt my lungs just looking at it, a couple of the big draglines, my fav was a pic of a trailer they made to haul their big dozers and hoes, big, wide, low to the ground pulled it with a 777.

Dutchman

Yea slayer, I don't hardly know anyone any more up there. I know Osbourne used to have a bunch of triple 6's and I drove by their yard a year or so and there is nothing. Just a small outfit there now. I do seem to remember gettin an auction brochure for Osbourne the more I think about it.

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
ive run across quite a few people who worked for them back in the day big outfit, now one of the bigger ones that took their place is the washington group, im pretty sure thats who my friend works for now, they run quite a few 57gs, one time we were in a bar over there and a group of haul truck drivers came in and started celebrating, we got talking to them and they were partying because they finally got a hole filled in that they worked on for almost ten years, i think they were all running 797

Dutchman

I took the back road from Sheridan to Gillette about two months ago. I had'nt been that way in along time. I do remember seeing a bunch of 51's and probably 57's working at one of the mines just north of Gillette. That might have been your friends.

buckshot_86

Occupation
Grader Operator
ive run across quite a few people who worked for them back in the day big outfit, now one of the bigger ones that took their place is the washington group, im pretty sure thats who my friend works for now, they run quite a few 57gs, one time we were in a bar over there and a group of haul truck drivers came in and started celebrating, we got talking to them and they were partying because they finally got a hole filled in that they worked on for almost ten years, i think they were all running 797

Wow, now that's a fill and definitely worth celebrating! Bentonite would be interesting, it is quite the stuff the few times I have been around it. Does it have to be ripped before you are able to load it? Must be kinda similar to very silty soil. Cool operation you work for.

gd10r

Slayer, glad to here your still kicking it in the salt (bentonite) mines. Please post more photos. Cant wait for the CCM 637e, my favorite machine in scale form. I have an old brochure of the S&M dispersal, I will see what format it is in and will post up what I can in this thread, if that is agreeable. If i remember lots of coal bowl 51's and 57's were listed.
Gd10r

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
now that im catching on to this resizing, heres a pic of my scraper right when it came back from being rebuilt,one of our scrapers all parked together, should of parked them in a line so it would look like we had more, the drill truck drilling the bentonite for samples.

Attachments

• pix-1 067.JPG
    pix-1 067.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,391
  • pix-1 015.JPG
    pix-1 015.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,349
  • pix-1 089.JPG
    pix-1 089.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,362

Dutchman

Hey Slayer, you heard anything about an Auction coming up in Gillette by Ritchie Bros? I got a brochure that had a whole bunch of 651E's and 657's. I was just wondering if this might of been the outfit your friends work for. I think part of them were Larry's Inc, but i don't know that for sure. The only reason i thought it might be them is because of all the Cat belly dumps for auction.

Dutchman

They could be! I know Larry Inc likes moving dirt with big hoes and 100 to 200 ton belly dumps and there is a few of them coming up at that auction. Look on Ritchie bros website. it may have more info

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
we work in some tight spaces, in some little pits where we barely have room to push pull, personally i think 57s would be ok, but i can see the higher ups side also, ive lobbied for 57s for awhile now to no avail

tireman

Why not lobby for some radial tires on the E model? Damn shame to still be running on rags,especially on the front. Should've at least pulled the Michelins off the rears of the G's when they were new and put on the fronts.:my2c