• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Not a crane operator, but some pics of our work with cranes in them

GrainBinMan

Some more pics.

If you think this will get somebody some unwanted flak, I will take it down, but my son was thrilled he got to operate a crane before his dad, and a big one too!
DSCN3017 (2).jpg

The site after it got dirty with use.
IMG_8490.jpg

DJI_0099.jpg

Another site
DJI_0015.jpgDJI_0022.jpg

GrainBinMan

Couple years ago.

DM11.jpgDM13.jpg

Took us a little to figure out where to place the lifting straps so it balanced. So I don't have much of the crane, just shot the pic for future reference.
DSCN0002.jpg

td25c

Took us a little to figure out where to place the lifting straps so it balanced. So I don't have much of the crane, just shot the pic for future reference.
[/ATTACH]

We grab the grain dryer's the same way . like you say takes a little trial & error to get them balanced .

Very nice work GrainBinMan !

My boy is about the same age , they sure like being around equipment & tools .

GrainBinMan

Very nice work GrainBinMan !

My boy is about the same age , they sure like being around equipment & tools .

Thank you. It depends on what I'm doing that day as to what my son wants to do when he grows up. One day he told me he will do all the concrete work for me. Then another day he wants to be a farmer. Or maybe he will run a bin building crew. I guess time will tell.

GrainBinMan

Good looking work man.

I've spent a lot of my life on those kind of jobs.

Thank you. We have a fair amount of competition, so if we don't do it very well, there are other options.

Everybody is a little hungry this year. Of course fall is busy, but we aren't booked out quite as far as sometimes.

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Same type of work I've done all my life. The only reason I don't still punch bolts like I used to, is I'm too damn old.

Yup,those farm dryers are tough to rig.

GrainBinMan

Same type of work I've done all my life. The only reason I don't still punch bolts like I used to, is I'm too damn old.

Yup,those farm dryers are tough to rig.

The reason I don't push bolts, is because it is too boring. There is a couple crews around here that only build bins, so we sub that work to them.

Interesting thing about the dryer is that is not where the book told us to lift it. I always thought the book was right.:rolleyes:

GrainBinMan

How big is that red hydraulic crane? You don't see them transporting the boom separately until they get real big around here.

I want to say 210 ton, but i will would have to look up the bill. Right now I'm riding back to the shop.

Edit: It was Grove. I didn't think to get a picture of the model number. Red is that outfits company color.

Knocker of rock

I want to say 210 ton, but i will would have to look up the bill. Right now I'm riding back to the shop.

Edit: It was Grove. I didn't think to get a picture of the model number. Red is that outfits company color.

210 tons is on the small side for having to dump the boom to be road legal. Most cranes here would dump the lump onto a flatbed to accomplish becoming road legal if that, most can get legal with boosters and a boom dolly.

GrainBinMan

Same project.

DJI_0061.jpg

DJI_0062.jpg

DJI_0079.jpg

DJI_0066.jpg
It was cloudy the second day, so couldn't get as nice of photos as what I like.

The crane was a Link-Belt HTC8690.

Last edited: