• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

norway: demo pics

strawline

Occupation
Tree Climber
Where you the Guy's who tore down the Smelter in Odda?We did the Trees there and i remember some big Machinery parked up on site.

thodob

Large offshore demolition and recycling contract for the AF Group

The AF Group has been awarded a Letter of Intent with Statoil, on behalf of Gassco as operator, regarding removal and recycling of the Norpipe H7-platform.
H7_275_275x182.jpg

The platform is located at the German continental shelf of the North Sea, and has been a part of the pipeline which exports gas to Europe. The Letter of Intent covers planning, engineering, removal and demolition of the installation. The Letter of Intent also includes an option to decommission a similar platform, B11.

Environmental Base Vats on the west coast of Norway will be used as decommissioning site. The site is Europe's most modern decommissioning facility for
decommissioned offshore installations.

The contract value is approx. NOK 420 million ($53 million), excl. abovementioned option works. A condition for the contract is a final decision by the ownership Gassled on the implementation of the removal project.

The work will start immediately, and is planned to conclude by the end of 2016.

- The AF Group has built up expertise and capacity to handle removal and recycling of obsolete petroleum installations. It is therefore a recognition that Statoil, on behalf of Gassco, has chosen us for this mission. The work lays the foundation for further growth within our environmental business in the North Sea, says Pål Egil Rønn, CEO of the AF Group.

joispoi

With regards to the demolition of the Statoil platform, do you know how the work schedule is organized- is it similar to the oil platform operations schedule 2-3 weeks on/off?

thodob

I'm not sure, i think it's 14 days on, 14 days off in the season...

some new pics:

20111110-114839-pic_393420c.jpg

Bispelokket_1111051_180858d.jpg

Riving,-kraftstasjon.jpg

rm51T2IGFSE5w_XMza34gQlJ4Z9XsAoZRp98KuVrTi1w.jpg

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I like that water "cannon" in the third pic. Whos the manufacture I've never seen such a thing?

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Thanks

Looks neat. Companies around here would never use something like that. We don't have a lot of laws about dust control. It would have to be really bad before the city would complain. There was a demo of a 6 story building done down town via a high reach hoe and they had a fire truck there spraying it down.

thodob

We don't have any direct regulations for dust either, but we don't like neighbours complaints...
We normally used fire water/hoses for dust control. But the water cannon is 100-times better and uses less water!
Only problem is that we have to get enough power on site to run them ... video under is from a project in Trondheim.
[video=youtube;JBENf3ex9CE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBENf3ex9CE[/video]

quantum500

The Duztech dust suppression devices look a lot like snow makers. Cool stuff. Would work very well around tub grinders also.

MattW

These are some really cool shots!!! My sister lives in Skien with my brother-in-law Bjorn Borge the sports photographer.

thodob

AF Decom shoots down the second tower at the Sveio Broadcasting facility: [video]see video[/video]

mastesprenging-hoved1.jpg