• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Northwest Model 6

Buddy

Occupation
Equipment mechanic (Retired)
Here I am awaking another machine from its 9 year nap.
Lost the contract on the show grounds so, all gotta go.
Had a couple stuck injectors . Once they were replaced the ol Murphy fired off.
Pictures show the injector replacement and me scuffling with the grumpy frictions getting it to move again.
Like most all these ol machines, a little tlc she back to working.Murphy diesel injector 1.jpg Murphy Diesel injector 2.jpg Northwest Model 6  (1).jpg Northwest Model 6 (2).jpg

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I recall helping move an old Northwest crane to get it loaded on a truck to go to auction. Company got a local guy probably in his early eighties at the time who spent years working on them in the `40's and up till the early `70's to come out and get it to move. His boy worked with me in the shop.

He had me reach down in amongst all those moving parts in the center while it was running. He said when I nod my head rap that band good and hard. For anyone else I would have told him where he could stick that hammer, but seeing at his late years and that he had a full set of fingers I figured he knew what he was doing. After a few times turning the machine while traveling the rust was off the offending parts and he had it driving like a new car!

That one had a Cat Diesel maybe a D1300?

skyking1

Very cool, @Buddy
Would you consider buying a 3 cyl. Murphy powered genset for use? Part of me wants it because of reasons, but the other part says if it quits working Buddy is a long ways away!!

Buddy

Occupation
Very cool, @Buddy
Would you consider buying a 3 cyl. Murphy powered genset for use? Part of me wants it because of reasons, but the other part says if it quits working Buddy is a long ways away!!
Yes ! I would love to own it but, the distance between us the shipping would be costly to say the least.

kshansen

Occupation
Buddy would you be interested in a couple Murphy injectors? Guy I mentioned above gave me a couple, think he said one was a rebuilt one.

Not sure what if anything they are worth, they are both in wooden storage boxes. If I think of it I will get them off the shelf and take some pictures of them latter today.

Buddy

Occupation
Buddy would you be interested in a couple Murphy injectors? Guy I mentioned above gave me a couple, think he said one was a rebuilt one.

Not sure what if anything they are worth, they are both in wooden storage boxes. If I think of it I will get them off the shelf and take some pictures of them latter today.
I may be, depends on which Murphy they fit. Yes please, post pictures. We take it from there.

kshansen

Occupation
I may be, depends on which Murphy they fit. Yes please, post pictures. We take it from there.
\Well turns out there are three of them!Murphy Inj.JPG

If you need more info I'll see if I can get that like any number on them. The bottom on seems to have some extra tips in the box. Not sure but maybe the two with the tip covers are rebuilts?

I'm sure he gave me one of the tools like the one you are using in your first picture but last I looked for it I was not able to locate it!

Buddy

Occupation
\Well turns out there are three of them!View attachment 243191

If you need more info I'll see if I can get that like any number on them. The bottom on seems to have some extra tips in the box. Not sure but maybe the two with the tip covers are rebuilts?

I'm sure he gave me one of the tools like the one you are using in your first picture but last I looked for it I was not able to locate it!
They are for the MP Series Murphy's. You change the tips for the recommended engine. I am interested. Do you have the tops for the boxes also ? What you asking for them ?

kshansen

Occupation
They are for the MP Series Murphy's. You change the tips for the recommended engine. I am interested. Do you have the tops for the boxes also ? What you asking for them ?
Yes have the tops, only thing missing are the wing nuts!
As for price I have no idea. Make me an offer.

Buddy

Occupation
I don't like putting a price on someone's items but, in this case , how does 75 bucks feel ?